Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 29 September 2014

Transporter

It must be a truck -it has it written on the side !
I haven't really got much to post about this week for like many others I suspect, I have quite a few projects going on and none finished.
However in one of my recent shopping trips to Poundlandworld (for glue) I came across this transporter, complete with some sort  of bladed tractor.
It may not fill many of you with excitement, but at the very least it is another two cheap vehicles to add to my burgeoning collection.
It's not that far out in scale as far as I can tell, though it is difficult as trucks and tractors can come in all shapes and sizes.
For a £1 though who can complain ? 
Sid alongside for scale comparison


Like many similar models the rear "arm", with shovel is very maneuverable and likewise the  front blade can be elevated somewhat.







Sid alongside for scale



 I can now field quite a large fleet of "corporation" construction-type vehicles (I don't know what the American equivalent is)

In other news, it is seemingly "Zomtober" yet again, wherein bloggers pledge to complete a survivour or Zombie by each Sunday during October. I won't be taking part in this but coincidentally I have started to load up my paint-tray/table with my next batch of figures for my zombie project.
They have been started upon in the last week or so and I guess they will be finished by the end of October, though two of my favourites will be completed very soon.
They are mostly plastics, a combination of Wargame Factory (zombies, male survivours and vixens) with some mantic Zombies parts along with sixteen metal Black-Cat gangstas and Bikers; there is also a military general type whose provenance is unknown (a present from #1 son).

That's it for this week except to give a plug to Stoetzel's (the maker of probably the finest card-models currently available) new forum Stoelzels Structures to replace his previous forum. Photographs of his line of models can be found at Wargame Vault including his free abandoned warehouse.

All that remains to be said is that as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.

24 comments:

  1. Nice vehicle find Joe.
    I can't believe your not joining in with Zombtober!
    Blogging does seem a struggle at the moment. May be it's the time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a nice find too and Zombtomber is far too contrived for me,plus I don't like painting, never mind painting to an artifiial deadline, As it is I've got more than enough zeds than I'll ever need already, but I do have another eight ready to go in any event.
      Blogging is always a struggle for me Bob !

      Delete
  2. I do like that digger and at such a keen price what can go wrong. As for Zombtober I know it's contrived but anything to push me onwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, unfortunately no amount of pushing will help me -I'm a lost cause

      Delete
  3. Nice find on the truck. I shall include you in the blog roll anyway you misery :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, I think, as my wife once said "You're only happy when you're miserable"

      Delete
  4. The digger is a nice find. Zombtober is simply the way to remid yourself to get those zeds done. You add him to the blog Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, your wife's got you well sussed, you miserable sod!
    Nice find at Poundland. Sid looks quite at home next to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Bryan and as for the truck, it's not far out of scale.

      Delete
  6. Epic Poundland find! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow parts of the digger look great, but I am puzzled by the silver wedge at the (?) front. Could it be a snow-plough? If so then wtf?!

    As for the zombies, I applaud your resistance of the pressure to join the herd! I'll be doing Zomtober myself, but if it's not for you then there's no more to be said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "wedge" does indeed appear to be some form of snow plough C6.
      I think Brummie has ignored my attempts to avoid Zombtober and recruited me in anyway - just as well I'm painting figures currently.

      Delete
  8. Great find Joe! Not the most useful of the vehicles, but certainly a nice piece of scenery!

    As for the painting to the deadlines, I get you. I hate forcing myself doing something and deadlines do this to people :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mattyoo, I liked it even though I didn't have an immediate use for it.
      I'm actually good at sicking to deadlines, though it seems vaguely pointless to have a painting one as I hate painting so much.

      Delete
  9. I'm sure this mechanical shovel should be very usefull to clear some full of zombie road and to stockpile corps to burn it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew someone would come up with some original ideas for it.
      Thanks Shuby

      Delete
  10. Too bad you won't be joining in the Zom(b)tober fun. I enjoyed reading your AAR with Vampifan and really like how your gun shop came out. I should have bought some world works before they changed their design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean, the WWG stuuf in its newer form is still usable, but I think the Stoetzel stuff has now taken over as the leader in the card building field.

      Delete