So this week I've made a start on the internal fittings for the street's burger joint.
It took a while to make all the pre-fabricated bits to align and fit into something that I was happy with.
I also had to omit a wall as I was running out of internal space to fit it - one of the problems of not allowing for wall thicknesses when planning a model.
Here then is a general plan view of the 'woring' end of the burger joint, notice how the camera angle makes the whole thing look skewed ? - (There's a reason for that, as it is - but not as much as appears).
The photograph below shows a larger view of the place, so, clockwise from the door*where Sid is)we have the kitchen unit, toilet (rest room for any US readers), main seating area (currently standing only), the counter area and a small store area.
|Bigger plan view of the 'important' bit|
|Kitchen - from a WorldWorksGame pack |
|Toiler entrance (notice the door to the counter area)|
|Counter service area with Sid in the Kitchen|
|Reverse view of counter |
The 'missing' wall was a short section between the back door and the
store area, but I decided it would be too small in the final build and
Some bits from my bits box; I'm not happy with the washers (guess where they're for) , but the kitchen unit and boxes are OK and will be usable .
|Shelving once more by WorldWorksGames|
The photograph on the right shows a quick mock-up of the Blue Sun store, using bits, again from my bits box, that I made several years ago. I will scratch-build some specifically for the Blue Sun store though, as I originally intended and as I did for my Superdupermart
|Storage area for the Blue Sun|
The store-room for the Blue Sun store will probably have some shelving added and a few extras too - the boxes came from my bit's box and were made for the storeroom (years ago too)
The most 'interesting' bit of this photograph is probably the slot that can be seen on the back wall, for the shutter door to be inserted into - hence making an opening door.
The door was made (years ago) but remains elusive - I've a feeling a may have to make another one = ho-hum
I also had an attempt at making some card stairs for the rear of the building, but as can be sen from the photograph this was a bit of a catastrophe and one of the reasons I decide to do more scratch-building rather than pure card-stock stuff as this model was meant to be.
Building in card is not as easy as some would have us believe. Losing bits, doesn't help either One of my steps from this aborted staircase went missing too !
|Soapy Waters' proper entrance|
Whilst on the subject of missing bits, to add to the list was the doorway for 'Soapy Waters' - the laundromat and centre building of my street. This of course showed up after I'd improvised a new entrance and had it glued into place!
|This is why I can't have nice things|
The photograph on the right shows the typical devastation to my games table that occurs when I'm building anything. I need to really clear this up for the holiday period on the off-chance that I'll be able to get a game in (I also need to clear our dining table, where my arena sits for a completely different, but probably obvious reason)
Further work on this project has had to be halted until my printing queue is back on track and I get around to designing the upper floor layout, so that's all for this week, goodness knows what I'll have to post about next time, but I hope you've found something of interest.