Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 14 December 2020

More Westerners and Others

If you're a follower of this blog, you will be aware of my dearth of females in my collection, this however has been somewhat rectified with an ordr of figures placed with Steve Weston's  Toy Soldier online store. 
I found a few more females to add to my meagre numbers, plus a few of their more 'intersting' civilians.
[Here's good ol' Abe, two ladies and a trapper type] 

The figures are all 1/32nd scale and fit welll with my mainly Timpo collection.
 
 [Saloon girls and bar staff]
[Obligatory rear view, for those that like this sort of thing - you know who you are!]
[Timpo with the figures shown for scale]
[Drinkers, as the listing says - drunkards maroe-like imho]
From a medieval set, (Robin Hood and co.) I got these two excellentcharacters, a Barkeep and a Tavern 'wench'. These willconvert tothe 19th century with little effort.
['Wench' and Barkeep]
[Rear view -(bit obvious- Ed.)]
sorry aboout thefollowingpitures, theplastic figures are a very  bright whte, and despite my limited photograph manipulatiing skills I was unable to get any reasonable photos  of them, They are Mexican peasant, eight figures in the set and I have six sets of them- all for £10 in a deal of some sort !.(That's about 21p a figure!)
[Two wounded figures (or drunks?) and the all important female!]
[Obvious rear view]
[More,well, animated imho, peasants]
[Rear view, showing well the  'camera killing' white of the plastic]
[Another size comparison photo]
I do have plans for the peasants, who will mostly beconverted to something, imo tht will bealittle more useful ! 
In addition to these I got some horns for my few Britains cows ( their bells don't work) to convert to longhorns, they'll require a little surgery in the rudder region.
[Horns (padding photo - Ed.)]
The final photos show what is an excepitonal chunk of resin, sutitable for any period after the Napoleonic Wrs to the presentday and should be an immediate purchase for anyone using 54mm figures.
Yes, it's an upright pian and it's in resin, but (and it's a big but) it came ready painted as above andall for a measily £3.50 !!!!. I can't recollect seeing anythiingclose to this value for money in any resin kits I've seen.
[Here's a omparison photo of my own scracth-built plasticacrd piano and the resin one]

So that's it for this week, some more recent, chance purchases, will be the subject of next week's blog, but that's it then for this week.
Thanks for taking the time to visit and as always your comments are both welcomed andtruly appreciated.

18 comments:

  1. Great additions Joe, especially finding some elusive female figures to add to your collection. The piano is a very nicely detailed piece of resin to add to your internal scenery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, females in this scale are very hard to find. I've tried various sources (inlcuding maid marion above), peasant women (any period). Disney princesses (none small enough), but I may have cracked it with Victorian Christmas village characters, which I'm now searching for a height reference.
      I defy anyone to find better value for money on any resin piece, what a wonderful piece imho.

      Delete
  2. All looking good. Well done finding the elusive females of the species,now we can really see some action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Douglas, but the exactly what sort of action you looking for ?

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing these beauties with a lick or 2 of paint on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I wouldn't hold you breath, I'm awaitng new specs before doing much to these.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see more of this project Joe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, 50 years, in the making and still going strong !

      Delete
  5. Wooow! Fantastic minis and other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, they're all giants compared to your usual fare!

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Joe 😀 I absolutely love these old school plastic figures, it's like looking through a time machine of younger care free days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, it all of a bit of a nostalgic trip for me too, to a gaming genre I spentfartoo much time playing.

      Delete
  7. A really great lot of of models Joe & the scale matches up very well & would agree the piano was a fab deal, but tbh I think I prefer your home build one, it somehow just seems more right for the setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, my piano was based on the one we had at home but I reckon the bought one is probably more accurate for the period, but I'll be keeping both anyway !

      Delete
  8. Great figures! I love the old fashioned piano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BM, the piano was indeed a great find and useful in so many periods from the 1830s

      Delete
  9. Useful acquisitions, especially the bargain piano!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, the piano was a true delight and a wonderful piece,

      Delete