Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 24 August 2020

More Western Buildings (AB#6)

Having shown these buildings fleetingly a few posts ago, here they are in a little more detail.
The first up it the Livery Stable on the right, built from two "Britains" models to make the building a little larger; I merely added the two extra side walls and used half of the front insode the building to make another room.
Only one of the four roof pieces were present, but no doubt they'll be somewhere amongst the many other places my western stuff is stored.
The building is identical to the Britains' farmyard barn model (like a couple of others iirc).
The front (obviously)
Boring side view)
Aerial view (note the collapsed upper floor).
Some of the occupants, Timpo figures and a Britains' farmhand.
Next up is yet another, Britains' building, namely their Saloon, namely "the Silver Dollar". Scratch built upper floor and internals.

Very old (30+ years) and very, very dusty

Side view (with dust of course) and a missing roof!
Top floor, internal view (nothing downstairs!).
Two tables a rifle and a bed from upstairs
The final building I  retrieved from the loft is the Sherrif's cabin, much distressed from its long-term storage, but it is a snap-fit building and probably a Britains building, but may well be Timpo (it looks so cheap). As far as I can tell it's complete too !
Front view, as found.
Rear view
This buildings seems to have been used as storage for multiple bits from other buildings as removing the roof showed :
Aarggghhhh !
Sorting through the contents revealed :
A right mix of stuff !
Many doors from other buildings (note the high tech hinges)
A couple of figures and a window (who knows from where!)
The cell bed and a gun rack (both scratch-built)
The cell in situ.
The Silver Dollar sign !; four Britains  chairs, a Playmobil bucket and another chair
  
Every figure in town had to had somewhere to sleep, hence the amount of beds - just in case you were wondering ! These three buildings are typical of my mixed collection, I noticed at least two more whilst in the loft (one a part of a building I didn't recognise). I think I have at least another half a doze, a cantina, a hotel, the marshal's office and city jail, a bank and possibly another saloon that I can remember.

In the last week I haven't done a single thing hobby-related, no rules read, no internet research or searches, definitely no painting other than doing this post and storing my Zouaves, bothe of which were the first things I've done snce finishing my post last week. I doubt that comments on various  blogs and replying to comments on my own count !
I think I've found Frank's black hole !

Thanks for taking the time to visit, apologies for the miserable content, but as usual, your comments are still welcomed and appreciated.


20 comments:

  1. Fantastic old buildings Joe; are they going to be restored?! - those Timpo ACW figures were great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thabks MJT, I have a lot of both early and later Timpo figures and probably a couple of early Britains cowboys too,
      If anyone wanted toplay a game, it owuldn;t take long to fix them up - if all the bits can be found !

      Delete
  2. Another treasure trove of a post Joe, sorry to hear you discovered Frank's black hole, I think they are a very summer phenomenon, and Autumn see's them dissipate, hope you find your motivation again soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I still have great memories of these games from so long ago, there's little point to playing anyting solo from pov these days.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful blast form the past, Joe. Love these sorts of postings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, though I fear this is all I'll have to post about for some time.

      Delete
  4. Great finds you got here! I love that stable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BM, at the time I just bought anything I could find, Britians were fast going out of business and the Western stuff was among the first sruff to go, Timpt followed not too long afterwards iirc.

      Delete
  5. Always interesting to see stuff from the past Joe, & I can only hope you don't get pulled as far into that blackhole as I did but if so if it's any help I'm slowly starting to pull my way back out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, I think I've only got things from the past to past about atm, a few more armies I haven;t shown and a shelf-full (and loft) of western buildings- probably a few miscellaneous figures too.
      My mind-set is pretty much burnt out; I see no point in continuing producing stuff that will never see the light of day and playing solo games is soul destroying from my pov.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks you Michal, just another blast from the past.

      Delete
  7. Very nice report and it brings back a lot of good old memories.When the restoration is finished I am certain it will be very nice setup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, I have been thinking of bringing it up to at least a playable standard, but it's still in the planning stage currently.

      Delete
  8. Your town must have looked good in it's glory days, it would be a shame to let it fade away. It would be a good plan as well as a good project to resurrect it.
    That's what I did with the core of my small western town and I'm really pleased I did it and I would be most interested to see yours if you go down that route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vagabond, I am contemplating getting it all out, dusting it down and repairing where necessary, but to be truthful it didn't look that brilliant when newly made - more like a grown-ups toy town.

      Delete
  9. What an amazing treasure trove if goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, all from part of the deepest parts of my storage!

      Delete
  10. Good looking conversions and the first floor scratch build is excellent! I'm happy with your blasts from the past while waiting for your enthusiasm to return!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, currenty it's all I've got to post about !
      My enthusiam for agming is as good as ever, but I feel sad that all my collections will probably never see the light of day again. It's a bit like having a full cupboard of food and not being allowed to eat, so ther's no point in making anything new.

      Delete