Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 4 July 2016

Church bits

Lectern
This last week has seen me once more fiddling about with bits of scrap, the usual coffee stirrers, card and matchsticks, being prominent, the results of which you can see in the photographs.
First up is a lectern (in case you hadn't realised what it is), small fiddly and really annoying, I think I got more glue on my fingers than I did on the piece itself.
I'm sure you can work out what was made from what to get the end result and I'm also pretty sure you could buy a better looking model of the same sort of thing (probably as a dungeoneering accessory) in either resin or metal very cheaply too.
Front view, with Sid for scale



















Obligatory blurry photograph
Close-up of 'book'
Really boring side view
Aviary Confessional
Is it a pigeon coop? An outdoor water closet or jail?
Well, this is my attempt at making a confessional and whilst not based on any in particular it does have feature from many different ones I've found on the interweb.
It has two 'compartments' the left-hand one for the penitent and the right hand one for the priest taking the confession. As far as I could work out the one seeking forgiveness kneels on a small 'step' whilst the priest is sat.
Priest's bit


The confessional has an openable door (just because) with a window made from the usual car-mesh stuff, presumable it's to see if the priest is 'home'.
The divide between the two 'cells' also has a small window, as seen in many a film where the killer shoots or stabs the victim through.
The whole thing took a lot of time to make, mainly because I was waiting for the glue to dry before adding another bit.
I also found that I had to make the roof a little higher than I'd anticipated, hence the hollow box style of roof!




Sid showing off the not so spacious interior
Sid showing how small the whole thing is
Overall look (though the colour is a little off)
Side rear and roof showing how 'tatty' it really is
As a disclaimer to any inaccuracies of terms I've used etc. let me say I know little about the subject matter, but I'm sure I'll be forgiven.

That's it for this week, one in which I've had to reflect upon how to take this project forward, as the more I think about it the more overwhelming it is becoming.

Thanks once more, for taking the  time to visit and I hope you've found something of interest and welcome too, to my latest follower Luciano Bastos, who doesn't appear to have a blog.

As always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated


19 comments:

  1. One of the things I admire about your buildings are the interiors.

    What a great start you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint and to think that I originally thought not to make an interior!

      Delete
  2. Nice "bits" to help bring the church to life, Zab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, always a good idea to have some viable cover in a Church.

      Delete
  3. Great work, that confessional gave me bad flashbacks to my Catholic upbringing and sinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now why doesn't that surprise me! ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Francis, I guess I must be doing something right then; you on the otherhand...

      Delete
  4. Superb work Joe, I just love the details that you cram into your work - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Michael, my hands though are suffering a tad from holding such small pieces.

      Delete
  5. Lovely pieces Joe, absolutely lovely. Your attention to detail is fantastic. They look terrific. This really is a great series of postings you;re putting together. Fantastic build :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, suffice to say though I do get inpsiration from fellow bloggers

      Delete
  6. Very nice Joe, as you know I do like a bit of detail. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dGG, I certinly wouldn't like to compete with yourself in the detail race.

      Delete
  7. Nice work! Looks great and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ironmonk, but I must say I'd be much less creative it it wasn't out of necessity.

      Delete
  8. Superb, beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete