Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Saturday 2 June 2012

Growing Population

A small contribution this week to the growing population of my city.

The central figure is from " Raven Painting" run by Carl Robson and were bought off e-bay and represents Captain Jack Spaulding from the films "the House of 1000 corpses" and "The Devils Rejects".  I painted him up on a whim. I still have the rest of the gang to paintm including a non-clown version of Captain Jack.

The other two figures are "MegaMinis", from one of their specific civilian packs.

Another two MegaMini civilians.

MegaMinis are not everyone's "cup of tea", but I like them, if only for their variety and as can be seen from the photograph. - Not everyone appears as a Hollywood starlet.

From my point of view, another factor in their favour is their price, at about $12 for 8 figures or around £1 a figure, I'll accept all their shortcomings (well nearly all).



The next two photographs show five out of the eight  figures from MegaMinis' set labelled  "Thugs".

The figure on the left is armed with a single barrelled shotgun, the one in the middle has a length of chain and the right-hand figure has a pool cue.

The left-most chap's head is slightly larger than it should be and does give a cartoony style to the sculpt.  There are several other too in MegaMinis range of Modern Civilians that also suffer this afflicition, but as I couldn't do better, I'm not one to complain. I guess given time and energy, it would be an easy enough task to graft on new heads.
Fairly obvious what the left hand figure is wielding, but the right hand chap has a knuckleduster in his left hand. 

I put it down to the ineptitude of the photographer that this isn't distinguishable.

All the Megaminis Packs have eight figures in them and the "Thugs" pack is no different, I just haven't got round to finishing the other three. I have however finished another dozen or so of their civilians and these will be shown next week



A quick final plug for "Broadside 2012" and if you want to know why I'm doing this, then you'll have to
last week's blog.

Finally, thank you for looking and all comments are appreciated and if I haven't already welcomed you to my site, then "Welcome !" -  I hope you'll find something you like.

20 comments:

  1. Cool figures, I've never heard of Megaminis before, so it's cool to see/hear about them :) Also...cheers for the welcome :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MegaMinis are, I suppose, old school and not to everyone's taste, but tey are a damn sight cheaper than a lot of others on the market.
      And of course you're welcome too.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Zabadak! Really like that set from a house of 1000 corpses they are all very unique figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brummie, they are a superb set anatomically, I love them.

      Delete
  3. You definitely have a mixed bag of figures here, Joe. Captain Spaulding is a great figure. On the whole, I like Mega Miniatures. Although I don't have any of their civilians, they are on my shopping list. The problem with them is that some of their sculpts are appallingly bad. I found this with their range of zombies. Most were good, some were excellent, in fact, but sadly, some were utter pants (their zombie SWAT Troopers spring to mind). Your thug with the shotgun falls into that category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tou're absolutely right Bryan, but you can buy them individually and avois any that one could consider "naff". Luckily, I think I only have about 4 which even I consider unuseable.

      Delete
  4. Nice job on those. Mega Minis have a very good variety of figures. I especially like the fat chick in the green. She looks like someone you would definitely see IRL. I like the nice detail touches you did as well. The guy with the spotted bandana stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks LJ. I like her as well, one of my favourite MegaMinis, she prefers to be called "big boned" though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great sèlection. How long will they survive. A good bunch pf figures, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of them more as victims than survivors.

      Delete
  7. Well done mate!

    The devils rejects are great! Love the captain!

    Population is rising...Despite the zombie apocalypse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cansee the population taking a dramatic dive when the apocalypse grips LS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice painted MegaMinis, I also painted some and really liked them (and converted one thug with pool cue into street worker with hammer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ulu (and welcome btw), overall I like MegaMinis and they could be readilyconverted.

      Delete
  10. Some of the MegaMini sculpts are less than stellar, but the price sure is right. I also enjoy the overweight civilians, as this is an untapped section of 28mm gaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right about their sculpts and price and I'm with you 100% on the less-than-standard civilians, be they old, crippled, young, overwieght or whatever.

      Delete
  11. The Killer Klown are creeeepy!! :D

    ReplyDelete