Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Saturday 19 May 2012

Survivors

Before I start on the subject matter of this week's blog let me just say a big thank you to all those that have decided to follow my blog and especially to those that comment upon the content, it truly is appreciated. When I started blogging some four months ago I didn't think I'd get more than a dozen followers, but it is very gratifying to have so many in so short a time.
I do try and update my links and other pages as often as I can remember to do so and to this end I'll direct you to the Film/DVD page (click the tab at the top of the page) as I've added a few more comments on what I've viewed lately.
My reading matter lately has been concentrated on the All Things Zombie rules and trying to keep up with all the blogs I try and follow (you'll have to look at my profile for a full list), but for a change of pace I've started to read the novel "Tooth and Nail" by Craig DiLouie. Although I'm not that far into it yet, it's got off to a very promising start and an interesting easy read. 

Well, I'm pleased to say that I've managed to finish off my first survivors, they're a mix of  "Offensive Miniatures", ""Cold Wars" and "Hasselfree".

These three on the right are from "Offensive Minis" Near Future range and are three of their terrorists.

I think that these are really well proportioned figures and are quite animated.

Whilst they may have started out life labelled as terrorists they are destined to become survivors in my zombie apocalypse and I think they fit the bill admirably.
The three girls are also from the same set as above and are as equally well sculpted and animated.

They are also as lightly armed as the men.
The men have two pump-action shotguns, a pistol and a radio !), whilst the girls have a pump-action shotgun, paired pistols and what appears to be an UZI and holdall, with not a hand-bag in sight !

Two of these figures, I believe, are bonus figures (I don't know which two), if you buy the entire hostage set


The final three figure this week are from "Hasselfree" (Gramps, on the left) and "Cold Wars".

There is a good reason why the woman appears so tall, it's because she is and she doesn't just tower over these guys either, but she does fit in overall.

My attempts at a check shirt and plaid jacket aren't that good, I know, but they look OK at arms length (if you squint, and have low lighting) and pass my "can you tell what they are at 2 foot" test.

Needless to say if my photography is getting any better, it's not noticeable.


Thanks for looking, all comments are of course welcomed and appreciated and If I haven't already welcomed you,  then - "Welcome"

16 comments:

  1. Dammit, Joe, there you go again, showing off more figures that I don't own! I have the last three from Hasslefree and Cold Wars but none of the Offensive Minis. They're still on my shopping list and will probably remain so for some time. Don't get me wrong, I do like them and I agree with you, they make for better survivors than terrorists. My favourite figure out of the nine you've shown is the Cold Wars female with the pistol. She gets brownie points for holding it in a two-handed grip. It beats firing it "gangsta style" any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how great it is to get "one over" on you, it happens so rarely !

      Delete
  2. A good bunch of survivors. Though grandpa there may have trouble surviving....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LS, you're right of course about Gramps, but he does have a stick !

      Delete
  3. I agree with using terrorists as survivors! And now you got me wanna paint my grandpa, too. I can imagine him hitting all those moaners with his stick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo, I'm sure he'll be a hit too

      Delete
  4. They look great I do like the offensive mini's will have to pick some up at some point

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great group of survivors. I like Gramps a lot. The check shirt came out well and really draws the eye. I never think to make nice touches like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LJ,the check shirt was a bit of anexperiment and I'm not too disappointed with it.

      Delete
  6. Good bunch of survivors, every group needs a Gramps type survivor, he is the one you let the zombies get so you can make good on your escape...hahha go Gramps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good point Extraordinarii, I do like the figure a lot.

      Delete