Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Saturday 12 May 2012

Bits & Pieces

As reported by Brian (Vampifan) in his monthly musings last month, we did indeed meet up in Newcastle City Centre to spend a very pleasant lunch and tea, interspersed with some shopping.

Much to my delight and embarrassment he gave me  a present of  a "mystery machine", a model from Armor Cast in the USA : 
http://armorcast.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1510

 Its probably not to be confused to be confused with the "Mystery Machine" of a certain children's cartoon series as it's labelled "Clue Contraption Hippie Van".

 The photographs really do not do it justice; it really is a superb model.

What is more remarkable about this gift and what left me truly gobsmacked, was that Bryan had also painted it for me. 

Other than the two side panel signs which I believe were done by magic (or possibly photoshop) the rest is a Vampifan special paintjob!

Now all that remains to be done is to collect the "crew" for it and whad'ya know there is an all-ready- made gang available from "Hasselfree" :
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=gang-and-dog~hfn016&category=miniatures~non%252dcoms-%26-civilians
Obviously this is not the gang from the cartoon series (for one thing, their names are different), but they'll obviously do the job.  Hasselfree are also in the process of duplicating the "Not the gang" figures as armed survivors of some horrific apocalypse or other.

 Just to show that I haven't been idle with my own painting, here is another attempt at the Lead Mountain. These are all "MegaMinis", mostly civilians, but there are some zombies amongst them - those civilians that have a "zombie double".
Probably most easily spotted are the two figures in red to the top left of the screen (even though the zombie one is slightly cut off. There are also a civilian delivery-type guy and his zombie duplicate to the front left of the mass - (they appear very yellow).


 Also on my work-in-progress (sub-division painting section) are this little group of figures.

Amongst these figures are Hasselfree, Black Cat Bases, MegaMinis, Offensive Miniatures, Cold War and a plastic Zombie from you know who.

The eagle-eyed amongst you will also spot the five figures that make up the "Devils Rejects".


Again apologies for my lack of any but the basic photography skills; I was trying to show the compatability of "Offensive Miniatures" with other Manufacturers, but that can wait for another day.

 That's it for this week, once I get this little lot finished off it'll be back to building offices, shops and homes for the zombie horde to destroy.


Thanks for taking a look, all comments are of course welcome and if I haven't already welcomed you to my blog-site  then "Welcome", stay a while and don't be shy, for as we say here in God's Country "Shy bairns get nowt !"

15 comments:

  1. Lucky guy. Nice van. I'm looking for some 70's vans for 7TV at the miniute and they are hard to get (at a reasonable price). Nice horde awaiting treatment on the old bench. I must get a crack on once things settle back to normal (still in holiday mode)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lledo vehicles are what you are looking for Brummie,they are perfect (mostly) for scale too and can be got from about £2.00 each off either e-bay or table-top sales.

      BTW there are only about a dozen zeds in the photos.

      Delete
  2. Bryan is a really cool guy. A man with a big heart indeed!!!

    Nice horde of miniatures you have lined up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right LS, I had a great time with him.

      I'm of the opinion that you can't have enough civilians !

      Delete
    2. You're right LS, I had a great time chatting with him.

      I'm of the opinion that you can't have enough civilians!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, Joe. Once we decided we were going to meet, I thought I have to get Joe a present. There was a preview of the Not-Mystery Machine on the Board of the Living Lead forum and Joe commented that he'd love one of them. As soon as I read that I knew what I'd be buying for him. It was no hardship painting his as I did it at the same time as I painted my own version.

    I look upon your two photos of your minis with a twinge of jealousy, as there are so many that I don't have. Yet! The civilians from Mega Minis and your stuff from Black Cat Bases and Offensive Minis are all on my shopping list. Figure collecting never ends, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My turn to embarrass you Bryan eh ?

      You're right about the collecting bit never ending,there are so many figures I would reallylike, but I'm sticking tomygns of not purchasing any more until I've made a huge dent into what I've already got.

      Delete
  4. Great lookin Van (onya Bryan), I must say you work on a lot of minis at any one time, the most I can do is about four or five at a time or they start to gang up on me.... good effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol; when I did wargaming I would work on about 200 figures at a time, I liked big armies !

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a great present, and very nicely painted, too. Bryan is a Prince. I have a copy of Max Brallier's "Can You Survive The Zombie Apocalypse?" which he gifted me that I need to review if I ever have any time off. (Lost one of our providers at work for a while so I must pull extra shifts to cover). Your horde is growing and you can never have too many civilians. I like the idea of both regular and zombified versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say ? You're right in every aspect !

      Delete
  6. Very interesting and a good post. I enjoyed it. Is this gang a 'Tribute Gang' Dooby Soo or Ruby Do (per chance).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irqan; "Tribute Gang", I had a good laugh at that.

      Delete
  7. Damn nice to hear about the gift from Bryan, I've been on the receiving end of his generosity before, great horde you have going on there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He truly is a prince AL; the horde will become a proper horde I've decided when it reaches 100 zombies !

    ReplyDelete