Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 21 March 2022

Werewolves and Fatties

Once more a couple of boxes of Bryan's (Vampfian's), correctly labelled boxes. The fatties are of course, from the Judge Dredd universe (of which I'm a fan) and iirc all appeared in Bryan's blogg sometme in the distant past. 
Of course with Bryans interest in the undead, vampires, werewolves and generally things that go bump in the night it wa sno surprise tocome across a box of werewolves - but there was a still a surprise inside!
First off then,

The Fatties:
Three huge fatties
Three medium sized fatties
First four of seven smaller fatties...
...
...and the rest, all bigger than a 28mm figure !
Final photograph of the whole blob

The Werewolves:
Smaller werewolves, even one on a 20mm base...
... and again more partially clothed
Some armed and dressed (cultist?) werewolves ....
... and they just keep coming...
... and keep getting bigger (these are about 40mm tall - excluding base)
...with a few wolves thrown in for good measure too
More, rather large werewolves...
...and some larger ones
... and they still keep coming and still keep getting larger...
...and weirder (imho) - dominatrix werewolf on the rught ?
The largest figure of all, armed and armoured at about 55mm tall excl. base, with smaller type for scale.

So 50+ werewolves in a box of every type/size/descritption you would want, unless you were Bryan as he want some obviod female type werewolves (to go with his dominatrix werewolf?) and here they are :
The female werewolves with obviously human lady-parts.

That's it then, a dozen or so fatties, both metal and plasticand a huge pack of nearly 60 werewolves, the latter in every shape, size and gender anyone cold want or maybe just one or two they would want ?
Once more another post wherein the contents are of no use to me and will all need a new home.
 
As I'm now coming towards the end of my rescued things from Bryan's collection, please take the time to have a look at all the posts and let me know if you're interested in anything so far. My email addy can be found on my profile page. I you are interested in more than a single item, give me some idea of your preferances in order. I 'll also require postage costs and your preferred methods of post (registered, 2nd class etc,)

There's still a few more things from Bryan's place to show, so there's no panic or rush from my pov.

That's it then for another week, hopefully there was something here of interest to you (or shock you?) and of course your comments are still welcomed and truly appreciated.

20 comments:

  1. Remember seeing lots of these on Bryan's blog, especially the fatties, which are from several different companies, including a conversion of Bryan's as well.
    Hadn't seen a lot of the werewolves though, and not surprised he had some female specific ones, but the dominatrix was a bit of a surprise ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I think all the fatties have featured on Bryan's blog and I remember quite a few of the werewolves, but never as many as these. I dound the dominatrix werewolf the biggest surprise of all, but if there was one, Bryan wiuld have hadit !

      Delete
  2. Wow! Now those werewolves really are a trip down memory lane, Joe. The all-nude female ones and the five white 40mm tall werewolves are all by SLAP Miniatures, and are these days OOP. Bryan's posting regarding them led to me buy a load of the male ones to use as the Hyena's henchmen in some Batman 'Zombicide' BatReps I posted. Bryan also sent me some of his spare Werewolf Heroclix figures you show. All great memories imho, and I recall Bryan's excitement at SLAP Miniatures' range - as they really are nicely sculpted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, I did reckon that there were alot of manufacturers represented by the werewolves and strangely enough th five or six taller white ones do look the best imho. I hope they'll find new homes.

      Delete
  3. Oh, sweet Lord! What a fantastic collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha , thanks Michal, that was the kind of reaction I gave when I first opened the box.

      Delete
  4. The werewolf collection is superb, plenty of variation and the dominatrix one is a bit of a surprise but I guess it takes all sorts LOL! The group of 40mm ones (fifth pic down) remind me of the werewolves from Dog Soldiers.

    Love the 2000AD fatties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, I wold never have thought that designers could come up with so many variants on a single theme. The 40mm nes you point out are probably my favourites, remining me of the Egyptian god Set/Seth

      Delete
  5. What a great collection of weird and unusual models Joe, I really hope you can find good homes for all of Bryan's stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, they really do deserve to be with someone or perha[s a few, people that woul dhave a use for them (fatties included)

      Delete
  6. Great bunch of fatties and werewolves!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, they are a very weird and wonderful lot.

      Delete
  7. Another fantastic collection you've saved Joe. The big fella at the end is a Confrontation (Rackham) metal figure by the looks of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, there are a lot of manufacturers represented in this collection but which I dont know, Thanks for the info!

      Delete
  8. Hi Joe just catching up yet again :)

    The Fatties are an amazing collection, I've never read or seen Judge Dread so no idea what they are in that universe but they're a colourful lot.

    60 werewolves seems a bit like over kill but probably not to Bryan and I think the dominatrix one must be fairly special, I rather like the idea.

    Hope you find a home for these, it would be a shame for them not to be used on the tabletop.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, still touring I guess ? The Fatties are a peculiar class of citizen in JD and I can't remember much more about them. It's quite a collection of werewolves , maybe a bit too overwhelming for a single person, but they could of course be split into small 'lots'.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for your efforts, showcasing more of Bryan's eclectic collection and for trying to find good homes.Definitely range from weird to wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Douglas, it's certainly a bt of a weird and wonderful bunch, just the nusheer number of miniatures in the werewolf pack took me aback.

      Delete
  10. The dominatrix werewolf must be Zhyzhak.
    She is a Black Spiral Dancer (bad werewolves that want to kill the Earthmother Gaia) Ahroun (warrior in capital letters) who always shouts(Thats her derangement. Every Black Spiral Dancer has a derangement because after dancing the Black Spiral you are insane and have one derangement.)
    Alex Lund
    PS I found your blog and I like that you have saved some of Vampifan`s collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex and welcome to my blog. I woul never had thought that the figure woul dhave such a ricj background attached to it, that came as quite the surprise.
      Byran's collection had already been decimated when I was invited to rescue what I oould, managing abless than half . Since then I haven't had any permission/contact to remove the remainder.

      Delete