Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 11 November 2019

Alms for the Armless

Having managed a mere painting sessions this week and despite losing Friday to eye treatment I've still managed to finish off (by popular demand) the Eureka civilians destined for my version of the Sudan.
What astounded me was that even though I'd cleaned up what little flash there was and based and undercoated the figures, there was still one that had an arm missing !
All of this despite the time I'd spent on them and the photographs seen by my followers (including a close-up ), no-one had seen the poor chap with but a single arm and if indeed anyone had spotted it, they didn't mention it.
The photograph below (for the doubters) was cropped from the image of four  of the Merchants from last week's post.:
Can anyone spot the missing limb now ?
I needed a left forearm for this chap and my pack of Old Glory Mahdist leaders came straight to mind as they provide arms separately !
One of many such bits.
A quick bit of filing off flash, mold-lines and whittling down the peg to fit and the result is seen in the photograph heading this post ! Whether or not I'd received the arm and had lost it, or it was omitted form the pack, I'll never know - I can't recall there being any mention of "some assembly required" but luckily there was no other assembly problems !
With the delay in requisitioning and replacing an arm well in hand the whole cast were ready to have some paint and here's the results:
"When I were a lad..."
"Buy something already"

"Lovely jug or vase sir ?"
"Also available in pink"
"Giz yer dosh"
"I hate shopping"
"Ready wrapped children, get yer ready..."
"At least I've got one nice looking jug"
"I wish I'd brought the trolley"
"I wish I'd got the pink"
"Damn I forgot my handbag"
All the chaps
And all the Ladies
The whole ensemble

What little time I had left this week, for hobby related things was spent working on the Souk, which is almost completely painted up and with just a small of work still to do - some internal detailing to add (if time permits) and a little more painting to do. All being well the Souk should be ready for being the subject of next week's post.

That's it then for this week, thanks for taking the time to visit. Hopefully you've found something of interest and as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.  


21 comments:

  1. Great looking models all round, Can't say I remember noticing the hand missing, but if I had would have thought you'd left it off for being able to get paint behind the arm, on purpose. Lesson learned next time if I spot something say ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, whilst I wouldn't necessarily expect thers to see the omitted limb, I would have thought that at least I'd have seen it!

      Delete
  2. Corking looking minis, and great save on the one-handed peddler. They are a thoroughly colourful and characterful bunch, and you've done a splendid job bringing them to life, imho :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, it was a very tricky decision not to paint all the chaps in white and allthe women in black.

      Delete
  3. Great figures Joe. I think the woman in blue is thinking "Did I leave the gas on?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, I did chuckle at your suggestion -maybe I should have made it a caption competition.

      Delete
  4. Nice job Joe. Bits box to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, I've got tubs, boxs a small crate, fand file boxes of bits (did I mention the drawers full of stuff too ?) - but I'm guessing we all have similar.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful looking models Joe & in an armless bit of fun maybe we all need work on our eye's as I for one sure didn't notice the arm missing in the earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank I have to hand it to you, coming clean about missing the missing arm.
      I, at least have a good excuse, my eyesight is steadily getting worse...

      Delete
  6. Well spotted Joe, completely missed that myself! I really love these, certainly on my wish list now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm beginning to think we're all going blind !
      Since buying these, I've found Eureka do some more figures suitable for my Suda - African, Indian and Afgan civilians
      Thanks Michael, add them to your Xmas list.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, they're well below your standard, but they'll do for me.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Al, but the questions remains, "Is it enough for a crowd?"

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed the humour of the captions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vagabond, at least one person then that took the time to read them !

      Delete
  10. "At least I have one nice looking jug" I laughed a bit too much at that one 🤣🤣 Great stuff Joe! I have this same set of figures and wouldn't have guessed that some arms would have been molded separately - great save though with the extra bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, I suspect I didn;tsee the arm when I emptied the pouch (that's how good my eyesight is!), but they're an excellent set of figures and paint up easily (even if you're a rubbish painter like me)

      Delete
  11. Excellent! I may have to get these myself. Cheers Joe!

    ReplyDelete