Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 15 July 2019

ACW, Cavalry Wagons and more (FA#12)

   Hawkin's Zouaves (A NY regt. iirc)
This post concludes my ACW collection, revealing what was in the five trays that featured in last week's post. Beware it's photo-heavy, but I've parred it down as much as possible.
It's quite possibly not all my ACW collection, but it is all I can readily lay my hands on!
There was yet more Infantry, though none painted by me !
Nine more regiments of Infantry...
... and broken flags identify them as 1st Corps (maybe)
Divisional Co and three Brigadiers
Union casualties...
...lots of Union casualties
Union Cavalry Regt (unnamed)...
...with some dismounts too !
Horse holders are occasionally needed too
Here's the whole Brigade (only the one it seems) - note the broken guidons
More cannon, one with loose barrel.
A couple of pontoons, foreground Confederate, background Union
One of two trays of Confederate cavalry, before photographing.
Two regiments of Confederate cavalry, in surprising good condition after their 'fall from grace'
Cavalry dismounts...
...and their horse holders.
The rest of the Confederate cavalry - two brigades of four regiments each.
 Confederate brigade CO. and a couple more casualties
Wagons, mostly intact
The rest of the wagons, all with various damage

Bits and pieces, men carrying sacks, one with a shovel, a metal tent etc.
Two limbers, probably for "Pony Wars"
Some bits (mostly officers) that I'm pretty certain I didn't paint !
And of course the miscellaneous finds and misplaced bits
Indian mutiny deserter and another home-cast Pirate cannon.
Gorilla, very useful for "Jimland - probably an "Irregular"
And that, dear reader, concludes my ACW (though I'm pretty sure I should have more)
I was pretty gutted to find how devastated the Wagons were, but it's all pretty much superficial damage and would be easily fixed - if I could be arsed.

In other news....

I've been pretty busy hobby-wise (Shock, Horror), but nothing too drastic as I've mostly been tidying up my games room and re-writing my additional rules for Jimland, making cards etc. - Generally preparing for more expeditions into the wilds of Jimland once more (sadly though more than likely solo).  I'm also trying to add to my list of Tribal names and failing miserably, so suggestions are are still wanted.  Any names are welcomed, but along the lines of the "Umiguli" rather than "Axe Breakers" etc..

That's it then for another week, next week's post will be equally boring as I'll probably post more specifically about what I've been doing for Jimland!

Thanks for taking the time to visit and  your comments, as always are both welcomed and appreciated.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks AL, it is fun not knowing what else is going to crop up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off Joe tell it was only the tray that fell over & not your good self ? it certainly was a mighty collection ACW you have & must have been a very impressive sight on the table top.

    Great to hear your back on the hobby wagon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thansk Frank, yes I missed putting the tray on the table by several inches - usual excuses - age, bad eye-sight, stupidity, tiredness etc.
      There wee at least two others in my circle of firemds (way back when I had some), that has equal amounts of 15mm ACW stuff. Several others also had the odd Union Corp or Confederate Division too, so I wasn't the only fanatic about.
      We had enough figures for all the forces at Gettyburg regiment by regiment.

      Delete
  3. Love the pontoons and wagons etc and the gorilla is fantastic and definitely needs to feature in a game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, The wagons became a bit of an obsession as I strived to get one off everyone who made them; I needed a pontoon train for a campaign and as they were available...

      Delete
  4. Another thumbs up for the gorilla to join your gaming fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, unsurprisingly that gorilla is a popular chap and another welcome surprise to me !
      I'm sure when I return to painting stuff, he'll be on the Jimland cast of thousands.

      Delete
  5. A generally nice conclusion to the ACW review Joe, but that photo of the dropped tray............ ouch!
    "Only" tidying up your games room?? I wish I could summon up the enthusiasm to do tackle mine - I'd say that's a really positive sign that your mojo is well on the way back mate, and you've inspired me to bite the bullet and get mine done (tomorrow) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TWA, strangely enough there didn't seem to be much damage to the contents of the tray - at least none more than it's 'sister' tray of confederate cavalry !
      I'll give the complete story soon, but I tidy a little bit up each time I pass by the room to go to the toilet ! -
      I haven't the energy or will to do more than a little every now and then.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks you Michal, it's probably my second largest collection of figures for any particular period.

      Delete
  7. The horror of seeing that tray on the floor... those are heart stopping moments!
    Your ACW collection has to be enormous now that you have sorted all you could find!! Now we need a photo of everything together lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, but ehse little 15mms turned out to be quite robust ! (ALso see myreply to "THe Wargames Addict" above).
      As for phtographing the whole collection, I wouldn't like to bore you any more than I already have !

      Delete
  8. Wow Joe another amazing force. Loved the miscellaneous finds, always useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, strangely though most I've never seem to have missed all the extra bits!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, it is still one of favourites and more or less as complete as I originally wanted it to be.

      Delete
  10. Great looking collection,I'm with you,I seem to have far to many wagons really, the pontoon look great too,I didn't like the upside down tray one though, reminding me of dropping a box 8' onto a terrazzo floor, nothing escaped damage!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, yes, the fall, it was a bit of a tear-jerker even onto carpet from just 30" !

      Delete