Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 3 April 2023

Painting

 So, feeling slightly guilty of not doing anything wargame related for at least a month, I decided toget my arched building (for my Magnificent7 project) out of storage and paint it. Well that was the original intention,until I got the big boy paint brushed outs (size 2's and over) as this is a big model some 18" long, 12" deep and  6" high (45cm x 30cm x 15cm).
Before I'd even sorted out the paints and brushes I was going to use,  the photograph on the right shows some of the tools I used first.
Filler for the small surround wall at the base of the building that hadn't been done. 
Scissors to cut card for key stones that I'd just spotted when checking colours.
Door frame support/bollard things, has also been missed.
Two sets of matche, used as bricks had also to be sawn off
Finally a lot of filing of excess plaster had to be undertaken.
The door's key stone (left) and the door bollard things (right)
The photograph above I was using for colour reference when I spotted the omitted features and note the lower wall of dark stones that surrounds this building, that had to be plastered too.
Doors, now with the relevant additions.
One of two sets ofMatch sticks that had to be sawed off

Once all the 'extra; bits of work had been done and dried out overnight I started on a quick paintjob, that took 2hours or so a day for three days,
This was only the base colours that will have two more colours added, a lighter wash and finally highlighting.
Here's how the model looks with all the base colours done (very similar to the way I painted my Sudan builings).
The building with all its base colours more or less finished,

Rear of the building (pretty boring huh?)

The roof  (equally boring)

Well, what I thought would be an easy job has turned out to be just the start of a marathon painting and modelling seeion. Hopefully I'll find the enthusiasm to continue and try to finish it off before its once more put into storage.

That's it then for another month and just in case you think I was having fun, just to be clear - I wasn't !

Thanks for taking the time to visit and of course your comments are still welcomed and appreciuated.

12 comments:

  1. That's spooky I was only thinking about your Magnificent 7 project this morning Joe ! LOL Nice progress on finishing the structure and getting it into base colours, not a small feet with the size of the piece, look forward to seeing it progress, as the amount of work you've already put in deserves to be recognised and finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, until I have a large enough space both to work on it all, landscaping etc. and just to set it all up, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day sadly., but at least I have something to work on.

      Delete
  2. The building looks great Joe. My hobby stuff is finally coming out of hibernation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, I know the feeling well, I may clear off my tableof all the Xmas wrapping stuff soon too.

      Delete
  3. Looking good Joe. I know the feeling. I have cleaned up a few more minis in the whole of March and that is it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, my problem is that I doubt any of the things I've been doing will see the light of day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal,still a long way tp go though.

      Delete
  5. Excellent progress and even if it's only incremental ( which I find mine is sometimes) it all helps, your's is far from incremental, with a heavy drybrush session I think you could be there!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I'm pleased that at least one of us is hopeful of it getting finished.

      Delete
  6. "This is the way Joe" I know exactly what you mean of projects that just blow up into massive endeavors, but the finish line will be met & the play is the thing! Since running my latest events, it seems all I can get completed is terrain projects, not that that is a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, I think now that this was 'a project to far' for me and probably a bit over-ambitious especially as I have no interest from others to even play it, nor do I have enough space to put is out !
      Terrain is one of those things where one cannot have or store everything for every period, but we still try to !

      Delete