Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Tuesday 20 December 2022

Happy Mithrasmas

Yes, it's that time of year once more when we celebrate the birth of Mithras.
Where we dress in our finest clothes, visit one another and exchange presents whether over the time of the winter celebrations of Mithras or the feasting at the Roman celebration of Saturnalia.
So, raise a glass, slaughter your bull, put a Druidic Log on your Yuletide fire, imbibe some strong drink and enerally have a good time.
The photograph shows a small part of my gladiator collection wondering why there is a snow-laden fir tree in the arena.
From all of us here at the Ludus of Josephus have a merry Mithrasmas.

P.S. Sorry for the day's delay in posting, but I was poorly yesterday after a visit to the hospital where I found my appointment had been cancelled!


10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you weren't well yesterday Joe, and hope you feel better soon. Hope you and the family have a wonderful holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, minor food poisioning I think, much better tofay.
      Merry Xmas to you and yours too.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas for you and yours!
    Many happy moments with hobby in 2023 too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, I hope your and your family have a wonderful Xmas too.

      Delete
  3. Merry Mithrasmas to you and yours too Joe!
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, Io Saturnalia to you and yours too !

      Delete
  4. Merry Mithrasmas Joe, hope you are on the mend. Take great care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you MIchael, have a good holiday recovering is an ongoing process.

      Delete
  5. Season's greetings Joe.

    I read on Ceefax that the big event this year, in North Yorkshire at least, is Hanukkah (an event being held at York's Clifford's Tower - the site of a Jewish massacre in 1190 AD/CE). So that being the case... Hanukkah Sameach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, you vrought a smile to my face. I also believe various Christian sects have a thing gong on too.

      Delete