Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 3 May 2021

Mexican Peasants - Finished !

All my peasants, including the women from two weeks ago.

 A very busy week (for me at least) wherein I manage to finish off all my Mexican peasants, do some flash trimming on horses and a lot of work to get the basic structure of my arched building complete.
They've had some shading added to their clothing, skin tones added and facial features done. I also took advantage of a drop in gusting winds to get them all a matt spray varnish !
The photographs below show the various figure conversions with the original figure on the right and a bonus rear view of each group !
Charging with various weapons
Rear view (obviously)
Shooters, with muzzle loaders
Their rear view (bit boring)
Attacking with various weapons
Tediously boring rear view
More attackers with shovels and an adze
Their rear view (bored yet?)
Final group of shooters, with repeaters
Final rear view (thank goodness)
There was little that I could do with the shooters to vary either their pose or their armament, so I did as much as I could with their headgear (adding a couple of hats and a sash here and there to give some individuality to them. Those with pochos were given various coloured pochos and patterns to distinguish them. 

Here's a final photograph of the "Arched  Building's" progress - it's enormous ! To give sone idea, it's sitting on a sheet of A3 paper that doesn;t cover the entire footprint og the model - approx. 12" x 18" (30cm x 45cm) and I;m looking at making another building approximately the same size, but taller !
The arched building still has it's doors to be added and detailing on the arches and pillars too. 

That's it then from another week where I think I've made good progress and even managed to fit in an appointment for my second Covid vaccination.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and as always your comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous posting, Joe, with some cracking paint-jobs to boot. Made me think of the villagers in the Magnificent Seven with all the day-to-day hand-objects. Lovely stuff - what a painting machine you have become!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, at least one person is on the right track no dull Mexican peasants here, bright starched spotless white clothes! As for painting machine, gone are he days when I could sit and paint for hours every night, two hours a day is just about my break point atm.

      Delete
  2. Excellent conversions and painting Joe. The extra details with the markings is excellent and follows the folds perfectly. Shame the building picture didn't upload, but will add to the suspense for next weeks post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanls Dave, the poatterns are a bit wobbly (usual reasons) and I've edited-in the model too. Technoiogy is no your friend (at kleast it isn't mine).

      Delete
  3. Fantastic looking Mexicans sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Michal, my efforts were well worth it from my pov, even if they are just toys.

      Delete
  4. Splendid looking Mexican peasants! Knocked out really rapidly too,that building is going to be a beast!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, by ny standards they were quite quickly done I guess. The building is a little larger than I thought it would be too !

      Delete
  5. Excellent looking figures Joe. Great looking building too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I'm just pleased the peasant are finished and the building has a long way to go.

      Delete
  6. Lovely work on the figures and that building looks cracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie. I doubt I could have finished them if they weren't 54mms though and the building is going to be a challenge to finish off.

      Delete