Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 24 August 2015

New Build Finale - finally!

The Front of the 'Annex'
After the problems of wrong sized walls, roof etc. I did have a few print-outs left over as well as some pieces from the 'wing' with the 'four' window strip pieces (rather than all the others with three windows strips). Rather than bin these bits,  I've glued them together to make yet another building to add to the grey complex, be it university, med-research lab or its original intended purpose as a hospital.
The cobbled-together roof
Even this build from the scrap bits came with its own problems - namely the roof. Yet again,  I needed another print-out of a roof but unfortunately, once more, it came out the wrong size! (Who'd have thought ?)  Getting rather bored of these shenanigans I cobbled together a roof from the two undersized roof pieces, which fittingly matched the roof made from a couple of bits of scrap foamboard.
The centre strip was covered with a shaped piece of foamboard covered with another scrap of roof print (of a slightly different colour).
So here's another view of the finished piece,; its footprint is about eleven inches square and is about 5 inches in height.








As a bonus, whilst waiting for glue to dry, prints to arrive and so on, I got to work on some more roof exits for my tenements.
They're nothing to 'write home about' really as they're just boxes packed with a bit of foamboard with a card roof added; I did manage to make another seven giving me a grand total of eight - halfway to what I need to give each tenement
one - so there will be no more camouflaged roof hatches in the future!
Boring roof-top view (try and spot Sid to relieve the boredom)
 Here's a view of several of them on the terrain used in my last scenario.
Hopefully you can see that I have managed to vary the colours slightly.
Another view - slightly more boring than the last
In other news, I'll be continuing to make HVAC type things for more roof-top furniture for next week and I've managed to pick up a paint-brush and paint a couple of figures (though not zombie related - they're not even human!) as I've been feeling a lot better lately, despite some more unexpected, very minor surgery - These are the first figures I attempted since March (and my painting hasn't improved any). They're for my other on-going gladiator project and can be seen on my other blog HERE

I'll also take this opportunity to welcome another follower  Gordon Richards who has the very interesting blog "I have wrought my simple plan".

That's it then for this week, thanks for taking the time to read.










12 comments:

  1. Another great building. It is almost in a Brutalist style of design and looks like so many under appreciated office type buildings that were built more for functional economy than aesthetic sensibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way. but you're right. In the 70's we had the "Coulson" era of concreting over Newcastle.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Joe, seeing the buildings together really gives a sense of the scale of your undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I think I've nearly acheived a model city looking like one.

      Delete
  3. Great to hear your feeling better Joe!
    These little details really make the scenery.
    Some tables and chairs, BBQ's, pigeon lofts, washing lines etc would really make them looked lived in.
    Yours are superb as they are sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, you're right that some small details really add to overall gaming experience, but I do feel that they should also serve a purpose, even if it's just providing cover.

      Delete
  4. Fine work Joe. With these office buildings and all your tenements you have indeed got a proper city together! I just want you to know that I am not at all jealous, no sir - not in the slightest! honest guv!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colin, I'd like to see them all on a single table (it would have to be larger than the one I use though). When I decided that interiors were not that important it got my enthusiasm for making buildings energised.

      Delete
    2. I've reached the same conclusion; there are far easier things to waste my time on than making furniture. Besides, I normally manage to f*ck the making up somehow :(

      Delete
    3. I know the feeling well, my card-fu is distinctly lacking when it comes to furniture (and most internal stuff too)

      Delete
  5. A sizeable looking board; very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete