Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 13 July 2020

Jimland - the Movie

You've read the rules, played the game , now see the movie....
All of this is merely to show my efforts completing my Pulp Figures' film crew.
I've mostly been painting my Zouaves over the last week in an effort to get them finished, but most of you will know how it goes: "All I got left to do is the hands a bit of shading and of course the yellow on white trim"
"Oh wait, the hands, a water canteen, a bit of shading and of course...."
"Oh yes, the hands, a water canteen, some straps, a bit of shading and of course...."
"Oh bother, forgot the rifle slings to add to the list..."\
"And their belt buckles need to be done too..."
"Not forgetting bayonet sheaths...."
So by Sunday I'd given up any idea of finishing them and dug out my film crew that was in various stages of  completion and decided I'd finish them instead, hence this post!
Here's the rest of the crew:
The cameraman.
The camera still needs filing down to fit better
The Director
The Director - rear view (obviously)
View showing Director's big talky thing
The gopher, with clapperboard
Being a ginger in the heat of Jimland won't be fun
The Director's floozy assistant 
Director's cut
Group shot (duh)
This group will be classed as 'baggage' for Jimland, in that they're not much use to any expedition, but will score high rewards for their survival and filming exploits. They will also pay something to the expedition before the mission starts - it's four more mouths to feed !







That's all I've got for this week, the Zouave painting fiasco will continue for another; thankfully this week I don't have a disconcerting hospital visit to make (and the consequent loss in hobby- time) .
Hopefully though there was something here of interest, so thanks for taking the time to visit and as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.







19 comments:

  1. Excellent work on your film crew Joe, the additional rules for them should make for interesting adventures. You'll get there in the end with the Zouaves, and all your perseverance will be worth it.
    Hope the hospital visit wasn't too bad, and good to hear you haven't got one this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ADve on all counts, I'm a bit bored with the Zoaves and would like to get them done and dusted so I can get on with the Frostgrave Tribals.
      Unless there is some unforeseen circumstance, my next hospital visit isn't until October.
      I'm very pleased to have inished off the film crew, they've been on the paint 'desk' since before lockdown!

      Delete
  2. Great looking camera crew, Joe. Looking forward to seeing how they fair in "Jimland". Hopefully better than some of their peers from the most recent adaption of "King Kong".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, I too am looking forward to seeing if I can have them survive an expedition. The camercrew are almost like Trek security guards in KK.

      Delete
  3. Great work Joe, I like these figures a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, I've been after them for a good long time, though it was a slightly different crew bout when I first saw them (they're in a second edition now).

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks you Michal, you're very generous.

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous set that is Joe and I know I would definitely be up for a Jimland the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MIchael, Jimland movies would defintely get a '18; rating for all the violence I guess?

      Delete
  6. Great looking crew Joe. Looking forward to the movie. Who's gonna star in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I haven;t a clue really but I suppose the Survivours are the stars of any game.

      Delete
  7. Outstanding. Nice characters.Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, I've really liked all the Pulp ,odels I've painted and found them veyr easy too !

      Delete
  8. Great looking and characterful camera crew! I'm with you on units, "I've virtually finished them",apart from this and that and another week goes by!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I've always liked the camera crew, but couldn;t justify their use; fortunately "Jimland" adventures gave me a great opportunityfor use.
      Even after I'm "finished", I always have a vusual check of each figure and find all the bts I've missed - th odd cuff, shoe or whatever and of course, bits of paint where it shouldn;t be that needs going over.

      Delete
  9. The film crew ought to be a great addition to your baggage, giving lots of reasons to get into trouble.
    Especially when King Kong turns up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vagabond, they are definetly the riskiest 'baggage' I have planned for and of course "Kong" is laso one of the more Dangerous "Quest Rumours" that I've been planning for multi-player games.

      Delete