Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 3 July 2023

Yet More 54mms

 Whilst I may not be posting anything of particular interest, namely more 54mms, I have had another few gladiator games whilst still play-testing Frank Sultana's "Blood on the Sands" gladiator rules. No news yet of a publisher, nor the final version of the rules - we're up to version seven now !
As per last week's post all these 54mm models need a new home and are free to anyone willing to pay postage  or they may find a very different outcome.
Here's this week's models, which are all metal:

 

Those who know will be aware that there are a lot of Napoleonics in his collection, more so when you add in all theplastic (Historex ?) packets of unbuilt modesl. In the packetsbelow there are horse cloths, tack, weapons, torsos, a gun liberetc. etc. the list goes on and on. There is another similar box of  various other packets too !  
I think with these two boxes, I'm about half-way through the collection, surely someone, somewhere would be delighted with these ?
 
My time at a computer these days is limited as typing is becoming very painful arthritus, old age, grumpiness and lack of alchohol probably.) , so even this relatively short post was done in two halfs. A hour photographing and editing the photographs and a similar time on the post itself. 

Likewise I have been very lax getting around to all the blogs I normally cmment upon, which of course I will try to rectify.

So thats it from me for another month, thanks for taking the to time to visit and of course you comments are welcomed and appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. Those are some lovely miniatures on show Joe, haven't found anyone into 54 mm yet, but I'm still looking for you. Good to hear you've been getting some games in.
    Sorry to hear about the pain your in, and hope it eases for you soon, and you are able to keep enjoying whatever you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dave, I reckon these figures will fo to the great leadpile in the sky.
      You can get used to pain, just y monitoring it.If it get to painful to do something, I just stop doing it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks you Michal, always appreciated.

      Delete
  3. I do like me some 54mm figures from time to time, Joe, and used to thoroughly enjoy visiting Tradition of London when they were at their old store in the Smoke. Sorry to hear you're struggling with pain currently. My sincerest best things improve as I miss your journeys into Jimland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, good to hear from you. My Jimland adventures have had to take a back seat as my games room has become a storeroom whilst the house is redecorated !
      I too loved visiting Tradition, along with Under Two Flags and possibly a store stocking Suren figures on my trips to London in the 70's.

      Delete
  4. Nice batch of figures, definately more for a collector to display than a gamer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, I completely agree with you, but most collectors, I assume, like painting their own minis.

      Delete
  5. Some really nice figures there and I really liked historex when I was young, sorry to hear everything is a bit if a pain , glad to hear your at least getting in some games!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, the mass of the HIstorex stuff is still to come (next time probably). I don't know even if Historex is still available, but it did used to be very expensive.
      Even a game a fortnightis becoming a luxury !

      Delete