Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 19 March 2018

Umpoba/Ignosis ?

Umpoba/Ignosis ?
The bathroom and little boy's room are both completed, the central heating is at a very pleasant
temperature throughout the house, we have a new kettle and the stars are once more in the correct alignment.
All of which means that whilst I haven't manged to do a lot this last week, I feel that I have still made significant progress hobby-wise.
Here's a brief resume of what I've currently been up to.
First off I've finished another figure for my adventures  into Jimland (shown right), an Old Glory figure that has finally been finished (after fifteen or so years). I'll probably use him as a special character in a mission in Jimland.
Frontal view
Another view (getting bored yet ?
Rear view (for those that like this sort of thing)
I sorted my Fuzzies into nine units of twenty figures each,trying not to get any duplicate figures in any single unit.
Sorting table -showing six units
The units missing from the above are back on the paint tray, awaiting either, shading highlights or general touch-ups .
Paint-tray (the unit in the top left corner is complete, save for its flag)
Finished unit, except for its flag.
Another view of the unit
Bravely running away (aka boring rear view)
I'm also declaring the single British cavalry unit finished (I could probably do more with it , but I'm bored shitless to death with it.
Horse from Effingham
The horses are all greys (white) because I read that some regiment or other wanted these distinctive mounts in-theatre (even though they turned out to be crap_useless).
The same Effing horse
Obligatory boring rear view.
The Mahidist horse, whom I thought finished, are 99% done as I found when photographing them that I'd missed some bloody bless-ed tassels, but here's a photograph of them anyway
Spot the errors (no prizes)
All the 'completed' units require varnishing and the Mahdists need flags added, which is an easy job as luckily I found the ones I downloaded and printed off from Warflags  (a great site) many, many years ago.

On the Jumland front, now that I have access to my wargame room, I'll be taking another Warton- -Cartington expedition to their doom fame and fortune..

So that's it then from me this week, I hope you've found something of interest on your visit here and as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated!

22 comments:

  1. Well done with the home improvements and you certainly seem to have progressed fairly well with the figure painting, roll on Jimland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vagabond, things here are returning to normal and another venture into Jimland is definetely on the cards.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you're getting some good progress. Home reno eh. Yep I know all about that. I'm half way through one myself. Very disruptive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep things could well speed up a bit, progress-wise hopefully only retarded by playing games!

      Delete
  3. glad you've got the heating back Joe in this cold weather, I done a little post once called what the camera see's because like what happen yourself I often noticed how I'd missing some part when I took pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, as my eyesight deteriorates with age some interesting mistakes and omissions do come to light when I'm photo-shopping my snaps.

      Delete
  4. Lots to see and admire with this posting, Joe. I think the special character looks terrific - looking forward to seeing him in "Jimland"; and those other minis look set for a corking larger scale battle too. Wonderful stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, I see the 'special' as something to impose on any players I might have (one day in the future - maybe), along with the ape-man, Amazons, Kong etc.!
      I may be able to play a few very small battles on my current table, but the army was originally designed to be played on something at least 8 foot x 6 foot.

      Delete
  5. Good to hear things are returning to normal. And I hope they will improve throughout the year.

    I must say sir cavalry on bullocks strikes me as a rather splendid idea. While not as fast as horses they should not be as skittish either. Bravo sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, yep, back to whatever passes for normal here now is returning.
      I loved the idea of this guy when I saw him and I'm sure there must be a film or book reference for him too,; I can't take any credit for him though - he came like that in the pack from Old Glory.

      Delete
  6. All good editions Joe that first one riding the buffalo/cow looks quite creepy and therefore highly suitable to lead the explorers astray. Give the Cav a break and return to them later I detest painting units so you have my sympathies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, I too couldn't decide exactly what it was he was riding, but I do think he's a great figure.
      The Cavalry on on hold atm, I needed t and have returned to completing units (other than varnishing and flags)

      Delete
  7. I love the special character Joe, really unique and cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dGG, I did think that most everyone would like him despite my painting efforts.

      Delete
  8. Great progress all round Joe!
    Glad to hear your plumbing's in good order ;-) and some impressive looking additions to your 'painted' collection - the best news though is that you're returning to Jimland in the near future :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WA, yes the house plumbing is once more back in action (just to clarify), mine is another matter!
      The backlog of unpainted lead (I have little to no plastic!) has had a huge dent in it, but I am desperate to get a game in, in March, so Jimland here we come!

      Delete