Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 13 November 2017

Progress 0 - 1 Illness

Two f the many unpainted, having strayed from the paint tray.
In the last three weeks I have managed to accomplish almost nothing towards hobby related things.
The most I have been able to accomplish in my better moments has been to keep up with the blogs I follow and like to comment upon, though even this has been a struggle at times.
I can keep from throwing up, coughing or spraying phlegm everywhere for a good ten minutes or so and sometimes for longer.
Needless to say I'm very frustrated and every time I think I'm getting a little better it lasts until I awaken the next morning.
The last time I can remember doing anything hobby-related was before I posted about my first Adventure in Jimland and of course hasn't yet been posted about, so here it is!


Paint tray from above
The majority of the figures I've recently purchased had all been  based and undercoated, using a new input of credit-card sized plastic cards from friends and relatives (great basing material imo).
I had managed to finish off the native bowmen, the four bearers, sans their loads, and even managed to finish the basing on everything that was undercoated.
Natives: with guns (10), with Hand to hand weapons (10) and bows (9)
Newly base Native guns and spears
The Natives I'd used in my first Venture were only noticeable for the fact that their bases weren't  finished, so they had become priority number 1 (back row of photograph above) all twenty of them ! (Though I really should have done the entire force of 150 Zulus they had come from, because I know I'll live to regret it!)
The new nine Native bows - I like these a lot.
The new 9 bowmen had been finished quite quickly too, lots of skin few clothes and simple bows - so not  a lot to paint.





I also cut down the longer South American style bows to the more compact African style. All of the bow-armed figures are excellent sculpts, but I really don't like bowmen standing shooting, it's such a small part of their overall range of actions/inactions.
Plastic Nail Varnish Tray.
Just in case you were wondering what the plasticky tray things are, here's a closer look:
They're for Nail Varnish, contain 12 compartments , each approx 25mm square (I don't use 25mm bases so can't check), I'd initially bought two to test if they'd work as paint trays, but only the few Vallejo paint pots I had fitted, so I quickly abandoned the idea. They do however make excellent carrying trays or temporary storage areas for figures - I use them to store casualties in my zed games until figures can be returned to their permanent storage. 

So this quick post has taken about three - four  hours, so I'll be finishing off now.
Thanks for taking the time to read and as always your comments are gboth welcomed and appreciated, my next post will probably be all about what I haven't managed to do this week!

24 comments:

  1. My most sincerest best hopes for your health to improve, Joe. This is a corking blog imho, and "Jimland" has been an outstanding project for you, with lots of adventures yet to come - I hope! Get well soon, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, at least I have time to plan how I'm going to go forward with "Jimland".
      I'm planning on introducing ammo, medicines and maybe jobs (quest ?).

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Joe, it can be so frustrating when you can't shake things off. Try to keep going as I so look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, if having this hacking cough weren't so debilitating I'd be Ok with it. I'll keep going as long as I'm able, but goodness knows what the quality of the blog posts will be.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Micha, I do hope there are more to come

      Delete
  4. Nice report but a sad one to.I like your natives a lot and I have a box of my own to start working on as soon as I get some more free-time.I keep my fingers crossed that your health soon will turn to the better.I speak for all of members in the nordic Zabadak-fan club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, the Natives are all good now, I guess your's are solely for your priate adventures.
      I have a Nordic fan club?

      Delete
  5. Recovery is always slow for the person involved. But chin up old bean. No one knows what the future will bring.

    For you my hopes is a speedy recovery. At least sufficient recovery to enjoy the festive period. (And a firm recovery that will see you fit and healthy in the new year.)

    Until that happens (and I am sure it will). Nice boxes and good to have the figures in a place (box) of their very own.

    Chin up and remember it could be worse, ...... you could have been born a Frenchman or German or even American!!!! heaven Forbid that last one .(JK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, for such wise and lifting words.
      Strangely enough I don't tend to get too 'down' when I'm ill as there are toehres who are a lot worse off (or German etc. as you aptly point out)
      I'll get better eventually!

      Delete
  6. Your efforts are much appreciated Joe, especially when you're off it and working under the burden of the lurgey!
    Sincerest best wishes for your recovery buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WA, I contiue to do whatvere I can, be it a little or a lot.

      Delete
  7. I hope that in your (and my) cycles of feeling good or bad, quality modeling fun will be enjoyed, Zab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, I take whatever fun I can get whenever and wheeever I can !

      Delete
  8. I hope you recover soon, sounds rotten! Looking forward to more Jim land activities.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, being ill has been a blow, just when my enthusiasm for the hobby seemed to be at an all-time high too. Still, I think I am slowly but surely getting better and then more Jimland Adventures are on the cards!

      Delete
  9. Joe, I hope you recover quickly, and are fit and well enough to enjoy Stockton show. The chance to come and insult me being a bonus! (just kidding) If you can't make it for whatever reason, I'll see if I can sort out some photos so you can check them out while resting (been ages since I posted a show report on my blog).

    Soon be Christmas, and there'll be nothing worth watching on tele', too much turkey left-overs, and a 101 blog posts on what pressies people got (but didn't really want!) Bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, I'm still hopeful of makingit to Stockton, if I can still arrange transport!
      I'm a complete Xmas, bah Humbug type of chap too!

      Delete
  10. Hope you are feeling better soon. I can understand where you are coming from and have merely pottered about with stuff since Zomtober finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, I am on the mend so to speak, but frustrated by my lack of progress. I can well understand the malaise after having a 'target' too.

      Delete
  11. Hope you get better soon Joe. Doesn't sound like you're having much fun mate. I'm liking some of the natives that you're pulling together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DEW, I am getting better (and if I say it enough, maybe I'll believe it.
      I;m slowly getting all I think I'll need for my "Adventures in JImland", but I can't help feeling I'll be tempted by Congo at some future date.

      Delete