Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 24 October 2016

Shildon Loot.

Dave's Wargames Shipping Containers.
As it's seem to be de rigeur to present the 'loot' one buys at a show, here's my own meagre purchases.
With the mental note that I have already made 30+ of these (in card), my first purchase was three shipping containers in mdf from Daves Wargames stand.
At the measly sum of £4 each I thought they were a bargain. I've seen a a lot worse at a much greater price.
MDF Shipping Container.
Even better was the deal of 3 for £10! (Hence the three in the above photograph.
The other items in his growing range were excellent, easily amongst some ofthe best value for money in the MDF market, with superb detail on his building.
He has a Facebook page, "Daveswargames" and has also recently opened an e-bay shop.
I spent quite a long time talking the chap I  assumed to be "Dave" - great bloke!
Ainsty Fruit and Veg.
Second on the non-existent list  were these  Ainsty crates of fruit and veg, purchase from the very
affable Col. Bill's. He offers a 10% discount on all pre-ordered purchases from Shows he attends - one very reason that I didn't buy any of the Chicago Way buildings there and then!
Foam trays
Normally I'd scratch-build such items, but the detail on these is excellent - something I'm not that great with and "Ainsty" do great stuff. be it a little pricey imo. They are so generic that they could be used in just about any era from 1700 onwards!

My final purchases, again not on the list, were the four foam figure trays which I've been wanting for several years . They're standard fare and cost about a fiver each. I didn't go for the optional £5 cardboard box to contain them in as I have no intention of carrying them anywhere.
My 'gangster' collection all safely stored!
  Their purpose was almost immediately put into action, for storing my collection of 1920s era -related figures.(gangsters).
They are an identical size to the ones I use for my 28mm zeds, with space for  50 figures in each tray.
I filled three with ease, but the fourth had a measly three figures. This total of 153 figures was added to with thirteen finished cops for a grand total of 166 figures all least based and undercoated.  The extra space can be used to store some of my more modern collection that are usable across the decades too.
 Shildon's show "Stand To" must have suffered a bit from the lack of advertising and if all the local (North-east) bloggers had had the chance to put their flyers on blogs, perhaps it would have had a better head-count. The next event at the museum has many features that could of interest to me,  I thought it a good idea to 'advertise it myself! and maybe the idea will be picked up by others too (feel free to use my pic), though perhaps nearer the time of the event!
So that's my limited loot report, but I have made some other interesting purchases over the last two weeks or so from the inimitable Poundlandbargainworld franchise, which I'll be posting about next week.







That's then and as always your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

22 comments:

  1. A splendid haul Joe, I do like the look of those containers, very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I too think the conatiners are great

      Delete
  2. Nice swag. I can see myself getting some crates of fruit as well usable in almost every setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crates are so muli-purpose, very useful.

      Delete
  3. A great collection of loot Joe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, modest in comparison to many I've seen.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, it's been a while since I've been able to 'splash out"

      Delete
  5. I do enjoy Booty postings and the rationale behind why bloggers buy stuff. I too am a big fan of Ainsty and look forward to seeing you paint up the goodies in the future :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of us like seeing what others are uying, but rarely do we get to know to what purpose a lot of it will be used for.

      Delete
  6. Ha, there's those foam trays I saw you with at the show, stated that on seeing them "I was meaning to go and get some", and what happened?
    I forgot.
    I'll wear a big sign around my neck at Battleground, Stockton - 'Please remind me to go and buy some foam trays from Lesley's Bits Box!' :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted the trays for at least three years now! I did think that the eight trays I'd bought years ago, would have been enough. How wrong I was.
      Looking forward to seeing you with your new nek-piece!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, though it's a mere trifle compared to your own.

      Delete
  8. You can never have enough shipping containers, scenery is king, nice haul Joe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be roght AL, and they do stack nicely !

      Delete
  9. Bargains to be had buddy. Like the Ainsty's stuff, I'm just painting some of their Oriental stuff now (literally waiting for some paint to dry then I'm back to it!) and this fruit and veg looks great. The containers look nice and I'm gonna hit his website after I catch up on my reading of the blogs I follow (this takes some time...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been frugl ith my purchases, but like evryone I love a bargain!
      I think I may be hooked on the Ainsty stuff though and will purchase more as and when I can.

      Delete
  10. Excellent purchases Joe. I shall have to get me some more containers will have to check out ebay for them. I find Ainsty's accessories good value for money its when your using lots of it to make a table it gets very pricey indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, filling a large table with Ainsty scenics would be pricey, but for a few detailed bis they're perfect. Daves stuff is so cheap though that filling a table with his buildings is well within the realms of possibility.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, I thought I did well too, even if they were all sortof impules buys!

      Delete