Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 27 July 2015

Inactivty

Photocopies for my next building.
Another week of inactivity effectively, whilst I reflected on the last game I played and whilst I may not have much to show for it, I  have had a chance to reflect on my version of the ATZ rules I use and hone them into something that is consistent and without contradictions.
The one thing that I did come to a conclusion about was that I really didn't enjoy playing solo! It took me four sessions over three weeks to conclude and not just because of all the note-taking and photographs  - though I guess that  particular part doesn't help.
Sid inspecting the ventilation stack
something I was tinkering with quite a while ago was roof-top furniture and after seeing the caps from various bottled juices etc. I came up with this idea for ventilation outlets.
It was also a chance to try out my newly acquired hot glue gun (birthday present).
A piece of tubing or dowel cut to length and a dab of hot glue into the bottle cap and in my eyes I had a ventilation thingy.
I do know that the paint-job needs looking at, but as a concept I thought it was OK and worth pursuing .
"What the heck?"

One thing that is worth noting is that all caps are not created equal as can be seen on the photograph to the right (a bit gunged up with my overenthusiastic use of my new glue-gun). The caps come in different shapes and sizes, which is not a bad thing, but I do prefer the look of the one above to the one shown on the right, so much so that the second type hasn't had more than an undercoat added to it. I used the same sized tube for each but the larger one could really have done with a slightly longer one I think.




My next project has been a long time in the planning, and can now be started as the final printing has now been done. I've used World Work Games' Downtown Office 'flats' with some additional photo-shopping and. Hopefully it'll be started this weekend after a trip to Poundlandworld to purchase copious amounts of UHU, blowing all this week's pocket money as I reckon on using at least three tubes of the stuff.

That's it then for this week, short and maybe not so sweet, but I do have some more minor surgery to look forward to!

(For those few that are following my other project on Gladiators the latest update can be found here)

16 comments:

  1. Great looking ventilation stacks!
    Dont be so hard on yourself, I to have had some inactivity this summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that , it is reassuring that I'm not the only one.

      Delete
  2. The first one definitely works best for me, but I can see the second as one of those municipal recycling things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Michael the first has far more 'character' ad more detailing to work on.

      Delete
  3. I agree solo play is not as much fun.
    The roof top furniture does look good though it adds a lot to the harsh open areas that might other wise be the only feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solo play odes suck and even more so when you think you've just got a regular opponent to game with.
      The roof top stuff has been annoying me for a while, but they're a bit delicate and easily knocked off.

      Delete
  4. He, he, he! Well done with that. I've stared at them for years and thought; "there's something I could do with them." never did work it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had one on my computer desk (not ine I hasten to add) for at least a year too before the light came on.

      Delete
  5. The first one looks very useful indeed.
    My activity has been rather limited lately, your not alone on that front. I'm sure something will spark an interest, acting as a spur for hobbying once more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first is themost asthetically pleasing, but I'm still looking for other varieties. My inactivity, I think, is mainly due to having no-one to enthuse about zombie gaming, my take on it and of course playing my games.

      Delete
  6. I've got a bunch of those bottle caps - the first style - for exactly the same thing! Glad to see they turned out well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A case of "great minds ?". I'm pleased that it's not just in my mind's eye that they fit the bill.

      Delete
  7. I like the ventilation bits. They will help break up the large flat open space of the roof tops. I think the first is best, it has more detail, which makes it more interesting.

    This has been a long slow month for me as well. No excuses, just low productivity I guess. It's the summer (at least for us northern hemisphere folks), a slow down seems natural...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks N667, I did have the idea of putting HVAC units on all my tenement type buildings because of their current blandness, but this quick solution will work for other building too.
      Unfortunately I can't blame the Summerfor my enthusiasm as(we're still waiting for one!

      Delete
  8. Ah, another one of those things that don't really take up too much time, but they make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it's a very cost-effective (both in time and money) way of detailing a roof.

      Delete