Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 25 August 2014

Holdiay Swag (1)

Whilst I had fellow blogger Mattyoo staying with me recently, I took the opportunity to show him our local table-top/car-boot held regularly every Saturday and Sunday. In the past I bought nearly all of my fairly large collection of Lledo vehicles there for my now stalled gangster project and knew that it was also a fine source for modern vehicles from many different manufacturers.Whilst Mattyoo spent his time buying enough vehicles for a small military convoy I looked to increasing my own collection of civilian vehicles.
Most of the vehicles cost £1, although I did buy one that was £2 -shock, horror !
The ambulance above, (the £2 one) I think was a great find and scale-wise fitted very well.
Even though I do have two other ambulances, I did have one of them earmarked as a Hazmat vehicle and who can resist any model that has opening doors ?

Whilst on the medical spending spree I also nabbed this one, which whilst maybe a little under-scale for the larger 28mm figures, it's still perfectly adequate for my purposes.
No opening doors (or much other detail to be fair), but another emergency vehicle nonetheless.
Next up was a hummer, which I would describe as "well worn" (i.e. played with), but at the bargain basement price, who cold resist it , (especially as it too had opening doors).
Hummers, of course, are probably iconic vehicles for the zombie apocalypse due to the yellow one from the film Zombieland.
This one will be left as is for some time to come I suspect.
Rounding of my purchase were two of the Russian models that were sold with magazines. I've purchased quite a few of these now, but must have missed this one first time around. Other than it having a left-hand drive, it would make a superb conversion possibility for a Postman Pat van, it has the right shape after all. The Russian transfers (Decals to others) make no sense to me at all of course and in a perfect world they would be removed and the vehicle tarted up. As I'm not living in a perfect world, I'll probably never get around to it.
The final vehicle is the Russian "jeep", which I passed up buying on the last opportunity I had to purchase one, but buoyed along by my fellow shopper it was an impulse buy.
I was quite surprised by the interior detail in this model, as can be seen in the photograph below and will probably end up using this without the 'canvas' top.
It is one of those vehicles that will need a re-paint before use as it's too "Russian Military", even for my lax taste.
The 'sun roof' though does look a bit odd.
  
Other than the slightly undersized medical truck, I was very pleased with these purchases, but it does mean I will have to look for another vegetable basket to store my growing collection in (making five in all).

With these five vehicles and my purchase from a previous shopping spree, which I'll blog about soon that was all my holiday money spent up.





With the recent flurry of modelling card-buildings, I too have once more launched myself into yet another attempt at getting a passable card-building completed. I'll be  blogging about this in a future post too and hopefully I'll also be concluding the recent 'Burbs series of games.

And that is they say is it for this week, although I do have a new follower "Stephen" to welcome (it appears he doesn't have a blog to follow) and of course to once more say that your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.

28 comments:

  1. I have not come across that "postman Pat" type vehicle before a splendid find. As for taking Mathyoo to a boot fair......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is we had a good time and a good laugh

      Delete
  2. That's a great haul of vehicles, Joe. My favourites are the "expensive" ambulance and the white Humvee. As you rightly say, who can resist opening doors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ambulance is well worth the extra pound imo, my favorite of the bunch.

    As for the russian one, I am pretty sure the first word is remont (refurbishing) and for the rest, I have no clue. Maybe its a removal van?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mattyoon, possibly a removal van for a Wendy House ?

      Delete
  4. What a shopping spree! Some fine vehicles there Joe.
    Good to hear your re-joining the card modelling movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, I never actually left the card-building front, but was tired of being beaten by it ! I blame soemone who makes it look so easy to get good results.

      Delete
    2. Remember to read the instructions lol.

      Delete
    3. Real blokes don't read instructions

      Delete
  5. Nice finds. I've got a few smaller toy cars (not the right scale, so I don't use them) where I separated out the parts, gave a "dirty" wash to everything other than the windows and then reassembled them. This didn't take much time but made the vehicles much more "model" and less "toy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C6, I'd love to have the enthusiasm to do just that but cosidering the amount I've got it would be quite a daunting task.

      Delete
  6. They're a great match scale match, I particularly like the emergency vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mihael, I'm happy enough with their 'scale' and amongst all the others they won't be that far out if they're not exact

      Delete
  7. Cool stuff. You're lucky to have a store with low price miniature cars near home...I would be there every week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Shuby, I would bethere more often too if I could afford it.

      Delete
  8. The "expensive' ambulance was certainly worth the money and the others are very fine too. Isn't it so much nicer shopping with fellow addicts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really all worth the money, but I've found that at 'shows' ahving someone along always seems to make me buy more !

      Delete
    2. Might a wargamers 'thing', but generally I think alcohol has always been a factor.

      Delete
  9. Wow lots of useful vehicles there :) great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always nice to go and visit a flee or a second hand market.I always get a lot of inspiration to new projects when I go there.You seem to have bought a lot of nice finds. I agree that the sunroof looks very odd on the russian vehicle.Nice sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, I thik the "jeep" will eventually be used as a ciilian vehicle

      Delete
  11. Nice vehicular additions. I am in the same boat. I have a fair few cars that need tarting up but as I've done nothing to some of them in the past 3 years I doubt I'll get around to doing them either lol. Shall look forward to seeing what else you have got in your shopping spree and the new card build you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, I keep saying that one day I'll get around to tarting up my vehiclues...but there's so many .... argh

      Delete