Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 14 June 2021

Windows, Doors and more

 As well as doing the odd bit of painting on my Mexican Bandits, I've also managed to keep up my hour-a-day regime by fitting in more work on the shack, jail and blue buildings. The results are shown in the photograph on the right.

  Here's the photographs:
The three buildings in 'real-life', conveniently obscured by a tree !
The back of the shack !
Actual view
Doorway area
'Jail' with that peculiar circular window.

'Jail' door with barred window
The bars on the window above are only loosely in place, to aid painting the window frame.
For the wood above the door in the 'shack' was made from a iece of balsa - a mareial I haven't used for many years (mostly becasue I'm rubbish at using balsa).
Window frames for all windows made from yet more matchsticks
I used clear acrylic for the 'glass', which refused to be glues using pva so I reverted to my old favourite glue - UHU.
The 'blue' building's side wall had a bit of work done too...
...to try and make it look like this (notice the alcove too)

The arched building...
...and my version; this had a lot more filler applied...

...using my non-patented filler applicators...
...to try and get this effect.
The roof of all the building have been completed with pieces added underneath them to stop them slipping and sliging everyhwere, The 'blue' builings veranda has had a frame added and the roof ridge has been 'tiled' too (using a plastic straw cut to size).
It may not look like I've done much this week, but I'm happy enough, knowing I've really have been usy on the building front, even if I've been a bit lax on the painting side of things,

So that's it then for another week, thanks for taking the time to visit, hopefully you found something of interest.
As always, your comments, critiques, criticisms etc. are always welcomed and truly appreciated.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, it surprised me how much I'd managed to do this week.

      Delete
  2. Excellent progress and detail Joe, knowing how time consuming each of these bits are, I would say you have been very productive over the last week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dave, scratch-builders all know how mch effort it takes to get a build looking 'right'.

      Delete
  3. Excellent progress Joe! Thanks for posting the images of from the movie set, as it puts it all into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, I always intended to put the buildings into perspective, comparing them to the film, though maybe this was a little earlier than I envisaged doing it. I' happy that my versions look very much like their 'real' counterparts.

      Delete
  4. Good to see what your aiming for. Its coming along very nicely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, it'll still be some time before it all comes together though.

      Delete
  5. Buildings are looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, nice of you to drop in, your jungle pieces look good too btw.

      Delete
  6. Lots of productive work,it is really coming along well! Nice to see the reference pictures too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, the 'real' buildings do show where I'm trying to get to.

      Delete
  7. Some excellent modelling skills these Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, though it wasn;t that long ago that I'd have added opening doors!

      Delete