Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 18 November 2019

Souk on this

"Welcome to the Souk"
After a week in which I had little to do to complete my Souk, I fell ill with a rather vicious cold that has laid me out for most anything other than reading (with plenty of splash-guards !
Nevertheless here's my Souk, as complete as it's ever likely to be. The photographs are of my cameraman's usual mediocre to poor standards, but one or two show the model in its true colours - it is predominantly white, rather than the off-white magnolia of the other adobes and bases, apparent in a few pics. The floor 'tiling' is a mix of washes and again is apparent in a few photographs.
Your guide throughout will be Omar the Wise as seen in the photograph above.
"One of two useful side entrances"
"The rear (secure) door."
"Abdul the rash tried entering here on his camel"
"Space in the courtyard for several traders..."
"...and here"
"The rather better area for the trade is the arcade..."
"...sheltered from th elements and tiled throughout..."
"...giving an upmarket feel"
"There is also a strongroom, which is perfect for holding valuables..."
"...and a rather larger area for the more discerning"
"Internally it is very well maintained..."
"...but of course there are areas where private talks can occur"
"Moving on to the roof of the building..."
"
"... where Abdul 9the rash) again visited..."
"...but there is ample room for more trade"
"That's our Souk then, hope you enjoyed the tour, Omar from the Souk"
That;s it then for this post, apologies once more from the rather rushed state and quality of the pics, but at least I reckon a few of them are OK.

Apologies are in order too, as I've fallen well behind in  my efforts to keep up with all the blogs I normally comment on, but as time, current health, real-life and various hospital appointments (three in the next four weeks!) allow, I will endeavour to catch-up.

Thanks for taking the time to visit, hopefully the quality has not hampered you finding something of interest and as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.

24 comments:

  1. Great work on the Souk Joe. That must have taken you an age to photo and post, so your time doing so is greatly appreciated. Inspirational building, imho and I love the captions too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, it was the usual hur to photograph and phooshop the results, though I wasn;t taking as much care !
      Posting was a while other matter untl meds took effect!
      I'm pleased you like the comments, it's always difficult thinking of a new way of presenting the same old stuff.

      Delete
  2. Great work on the Souk Joe, I feel your pain on the photography, as I struggle on that myself.
    Hope you feel better soon and the hospital visits go well for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave, photographs I feel now are almost a must for our blogs and no-one warned me of this when I first started blogging!
    Thanks too for the warm wishes re my hospital visits, though they are all pretty much routine; my only conerns are that they normally mean another hobby day lost !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a mighty fine piece of kit Joe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thansk very much Ray, though I'm sure you'l know those with better skills than mine

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, always nice to 'hear' from you and although I don;y post regularly on your blog I do read every one !

      Delete
  6. You've done a great job on this range of adobes, looking forward to seeing them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vagabond and like yourself I'd love to see them used too !

      Delete
  7. Great stuff Joe! Nice colours, like that yellow tile a lot. Really liked your post title too 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, considering this post was fairly rushed, I'm pleased it's been so well received. (There were many variations I'd thought of for the Title, I used what Ithought was the least offensive!)

      Delete
  8. Sorry you have not been feeling well Joe, but thrilled to see the Souk finished; great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I think I'm over the hump of the cold and recovering. There was (as always) more I could have done on the model, but decided enough was enough.

      Delete
  9. Great looking souk! Very nice finish and a good size too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, not all the photos refelct its true colours. It's very white and the tiling is a pallid yellow/orange.
      For once I failed to mention the footrpint of the model - it's about 12" x 8" (30cm x 20cm) and the height of the arched entrance way is about 4.5! (11-12cm)

      Delete
  10. Great work Joe. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, I think I'm over the worst of it now.

      Delete
  11. I really like that building Joe it has so much character, I hope the you get over the dose that's layed you poorly soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, considering the build was 'off the cuff' and planned as I went along I'm hapy with it !
      Health-wise, I am slowly getting better.

      Delete
  12. Souks you sir, see what I did there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank AL, it was another poast subject that I considered, great minds etc.

      Delete