Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 15 April 2019

Hogget's Freight Lines

In another week where I've had real-life problems (nothing too serious) and generally not feeling well, here's another blast from my past.
This building is not a scratch-build, but rather a conversion from an original "Britain's" western building (The Ranch House ?) and parts from their barn (or livery stable). for the extension. It was converted sometime in the early 1970'swhen I was interested in western gunfights and it did see a lot of use.
Having sat for over thirty years, it gathered a fair bit of dust !
But cleaned up rather well imho.
Boring chimney side.
Rear view (obviously)
Other end with dodgy roof
Inside was revealed Hogget's work-force and other goodies.
The bedroom
Main room (obligatory blurry photo)\
Figures are mostly Timpo with open hands
They're big ! (28mm samurai for scale)
Furniture was scratch built in addition to other toys
All my western buildings have internal features comparable with whatever purposes they meant to be and the inhabitants or worker figures always were stored within the building themselves!
This was the only building I could reach in relative safety, but I will get around to featuring the others.

Photographic proof of active hobby stuff !
In a moment of madness,  I also did  two hours of hobby-related activity this week; I've based up 16 figures ! (Yes it really did take two hours too !)
Not much I know and yet more figures that will probably never see the games table, but when you have friends that state they won't play anything wherein real people died what can you do ?







That's it for this week's half-hearted excuse for a post, - sorry for that !

As always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated and I will get around to catching up on the backlog of other blogs forthwith as I rarely do much, if anything on  my computer at the week-ends).

22 comments:

  1. "but when you have friends that state they won't play anything wherein real people died what can you do?", that's a wow from the Irish judge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AL, I was astoundedby the statement, but then again he was a GW child.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. The building has cleaned up nicely after a long time in storage.

    Time to play games with my little ponies for those friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, as long as what they play is enjoyable I don;t really care, they are happy with their orks and goblins I guess.

      Delete
  3. Great to see those Timpo cowboys, that brought back some memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you posting too about you Timp collection many years ago and did wonder if you ever gamed with them.

      Delete
  4. Great looking building, I like the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, thanks Ray, did you like the roof before or after dusting ?

      Delete
  5. Nice save from the dust, Joe. That building is awesome, and I too fondly remember those cowboys from my youth. Hope to hear you're feeling better asap :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, my phsical illness, you wouldn't notice, but i can be a compete wreck at times.

      Delete
  6. I'm lovin' the name "Hogget!" Nice job, Zab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, I didn't remember the name until dusting it down and still haven't a clue where the name came from !

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, they are still usable even after forty plus years too.

      Delete
  8. Lovely building Joe love that dust effect :) great to see you getting some hobby stuff done & hope the health picks up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, dust was unavoidable, especially after thiry years of sitting in the same place. The basing was an anomoly in a moment of uncontrolled enthusiasm - it won;t jappen again.

      Delete
  9. Nice to read that you made some hobby-related stuff.Like the cabin but it looks to tidy maybe put on some dark-wash to make it look more gritty.Nice conversion though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, I put the model together nearlyffifty years agoo, when shading wasn't a thing and of course they're toys!
      If I were to get back into western gaming, I'd have much better terrain, - and all the relevant nformation is available now!

      Delete
  10. Great looking building Joe! Glad you put the photo up for scale reference, I would have never imagined those Timpo figures were that big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, yes at 54mm height they are rather big for gaming and I have seen many games using hundreds of 54mm figures that look superb.

      Delete
  11. Nice looking cowboy buildings! Pity that your potential opponent is unable to handle reality!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks iain, to be fair all the guys near enough to game with me are into fantasy, I only know one that has anything near an historical army and a couple (possbily) have Saga 'armies'.
      I blame GW - they're all part of that generation I guess.

      Delete