Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 10 December 2018

Smilodon

Another week and another beast for Palaeo action.
The figure is from Steve Barber Models, requiring a little filing to rid it of its mold lines, but it is a figure I like a lot.
I've painted it up using lion-like features and colouring as there is no definitive evidence as to their colouring. 
As usual, the photography is poor and I didn't notice the smear on the lens until it was time to post - oh well.
Here's the photos:
Side view with noticeable smear
Smear moves to right side view
Only slightly smeary in this view
Spot the smear (bored yet ?)
Total menagerie so far
This week has seen me get a mere two hours painting in , but I did have a wonderful blurry weekend, some of which I remember...
Next week though I should have finished my two woolly rhinos to post about, but that's it for this week; thanks for taking the time to visit and as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. Very nice but I'm thinking Ice Age "Diego"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AL, but you've lost wtf is "Diego" ?

      Delete
    2. Diego is a character in Ice Age with long canines!

      Delete
    3. Thabks for clearing that up; I had to look up Ice Age to clarify - film by Disney right ?

      Delete
  2. Nice work as usual, Zab. The blur-thingy, I have read somewhere, is the evidence of a creature attempting to mutate into a camouflaged state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, they do say not to work with animals and this one didn't stay still!

      Delete
  3. Good stuff, Joe, with the Smilodon looking suitably fierce imho. What a corking group shot too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThanksBlaxx and the mebnagerie will continue to grow too!

      Delete
  4. That two hours painting is two hours more then I done Joe, he certainly looks the part :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, unfortunately I think a re=oaint is in order too!

      Delete
  5. Smilodon looks awesome Joe. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, even though it won't win any prizes, it';; still do the job.

      Delete
  6. The menagerie is coming on a pace, progress is still progress even if it's only 2 hours. I don't think I've seen this Smilodon before, he looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vagabond. SO far this week I've managed about 5 hours, wuch included a complete re-paint of my rhinos, just nother hour or so to finish them,, so this weeks feels like some decent progress has been made,
      The Smilodon is a nice sculpt but suffering a bit - from the age of the mold I guess.

      Delete