Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 18 June 2018

"Say Cheese"

Cameraman with 'portable' camera
So this week once more saw me picking up my brushes to finish off a few figures originally for 'Jimland' but got side-lined whilst I was painting my Sudanese.
The figures are all from Col. Bill's and probably have name that I instantly forget.

I've used the Shotgun House I showed last week, as a backdrop.

There are no rules in 'Jimland' for "Photographers" or "Reporters" but I've taken ideas from "The Black Amazons In King Solomon's Lost City Of The Diamond Mines In The Elephant's Graveyard At The Source Of The Nile" a source I've used for many of my 'Jimland' rule ideas.




Front view
Left side view
Obligatory boring rear  view
The sorceress' apprentice Cameraman's assistant

He's painted identically to the cameraman..
...so he can be shown without the camera set-up.
View showing 'glass' plates underh is arm
 The assistant could also be used as a reporter 9the plates doubling as a notebook
Lady (a liability in 'Jimland'
Rear view (for those that like this sort of thing)
Her assistant (yet another liability!)
Obligatory blurry picture
 The women and the photographer are useful for 'missions', giving players extra problems, but also reasons to go into the wilds of 'Jimland' on various tasks and quests.
Group shot (bit obvious really)

So after a couple of painting sessions, this leaves very few figures left to paint for 'Jimland' (some pack animals, four 'settlers' and four slaves iirc).

I've had a very interesting week hobby-wise exchanging a few emails and 'assisiting' daGobbo with his excellent Chariot Racing game (he may view it differently).

I've also been preparing some cards for a pirate game (solo if my potential opponent doesn't show) and my wargames room, with a bit of luck,  will be back in action within a week or so.

But that's it for this week, the football beckons...

Thanks for taking the time to visit and hopefully finding something of interest; as always your comments are always welcomed and appreciated.


28 comments:

  1. I love these Joe, what a great set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, they have a lot of charter imho.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joe, of coarse you need a cameraman how else could you make movie's ? :) as for ladies been a liability there's a few in my cast that might disagree with you on that ;)

    Nice set of models with a fine paint job to boot, look forward to seen them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are proper ;Ladies; not the wild tom-boys seen in most adventures.
      I did want the Pupl film camera crew too and will on the look-out for it at a future show.
      I'd love to think they would see action on the table too, but reckon they'll be relegated to storage.

      Delete
  3. Some corking minis there mate.

    You are definitely helping, although causing loads of extra work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dGG for the encouragement and sorry about any extra work I may, or may not be responsible for!

      Delete
  4. Nice little set. They will be useful for special scenarios and the like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie and exactlywhat they were intended for.

      Delete
  5. Corking little set, Joe, and will look forward to seeing them appearing in a "Jimland" BatRep soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, unfortunately they'll not appear in the next two Jimland adventures - they were played mid May, well before these were finished!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, they're well up to my usual mediocre standard.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks you Michal, very kind words from a master brush-man.

      Delete
    2. oh, me? no:)
      You're always welcome!

      Delete
  8. Maybe there will be liability and comedy in the jungle. They are great looking characters, Zab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, there has always been liabilities and comedy in the jungle, but it's the type you grit your teeth at and smile through them.

      Delete
  9. Top stuff. I've got those camera duo, somewhere, lost in the chaos of my lead pile. That last "group shot" looks very historically appropriate. I only hope they're not missionaries setting out to upset the locals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, the camera tem are a great pair nad they could well be a party of Bible-thumpers

      Delete
  10. Nice camera man and characters, they fit particularly well on the veranda!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I thought it would make a good backdrop (and it was to hand too)

      Delete
  11. Excellent. While I would think it has limited table use I also think when it is used it will lift the table somewhat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanls Clint in "the Amazons...etc." rules there are missions for both a cameraman and a reporter mostly as liabilities though!

      Delete
  12. Very nice looking additions to your collection Joe, and showcased well in front of the new house.
    Excellent idea to paint them as interchangeable "crew / alternative pose" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WA, just as wel the house was on hand.
      I had the intention that the photographic equi[ment wpuld be either ported or store as baggage on a wagon, which would require setting up and hence I would need an alternative figure for the role of "Chap without camera"

      Delete
  13. Cracking little group of figures and a very nice vignette at the end. Looking forward to seeing the camera man taking photos of the enraged natives in Jimland, hope he can run fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vagabond, I like these figures a lot; though it wasn't intended as a vignette, my group shot turned out to be one!
      Strangely enough there's no running allowed in Jimland (must be some sort of by-law).

      Delete