Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 11 December 2017

More Explorers

 Four more intrepid souls to face the dangers of ;Jimland'
An enthusiastic and very productive week, for a change.
As well as the four new explorers for Jimland I've finally finished (and another Askari) I've had a very busy week of reading!
I also decided to make a dent in my lead mountain, spurred on by both the books (mentioned above) and my discovery of rules I thoroughly enjoyed, 'back in the day' as they say!
Explorers rear view (this is almost becoming obligatory)
In one of the sets of rules there is an 'African Safari" section, hence the connection. The other set of rules are for a campaign; a a bit of self indulgence really as I'll never get to play it. The latter needs 10-12 players and I have trouble just finding  one!
Boring 'new' Askari
Even more boring rear view
Adventurers and beasts for Jimland
The few figures I bought at 'Battleground' have all been based up ready for undercoating (when I get a clear day and a spurt of enthusiasm).
Note the figure in the top left corner, he is a waif and stray from digging in the lead pile, that I thought may be usable in 'Jimland'.
A quick bit of searching revealed him to be the  Abyssinian King Menelik II and is an  'Irregular Miniatures' sculpt. He is the only Abyssinian figure I have and I have no idea how I came to have him.
"Git orf moi land"

 Another random figure I've had for a long time is the figure on the left.
Just in case you don't recognise the sculpt, he's from the 1/32nd scale old "Britain's" farm range and quite possibly one of the most pirated figures ever - I think mine had 'Made in China' on the base
When I get him painted up he'll be another figure that will be joining the exploration of 'Jimland, but he's an interesting figure for other reasons, which I'll go into another time.

Below is a picture of my 'main' paint tray as it currently is and plus three 'overflow' trays. I've ran out of glue so had to stop basing and still have another 80 or so figures to go.

Paint trays (very boring)
The trays above may have to be stored until after Xmas , so I'll be returning to painting figures for Jimland over the holiday period.

That's it then for this week, usual apologies for photography are in order and of course a 'Thank you" for taking the tine to visit. Your comments, as always, are both welcomed and truly appreciated.

20 comments:

  1. Bloody 'ell! You've got enough figures shown in this post to tackle any and all possibilities in the darkest of continents. I'm just surprised at how many mounted troops you're showing.

    I would offer to arrange a game day between us, but, between your's and my health and both of our transport issues, it would probably be an exercise in futility (though between Colonial Africa and Roman Games, we'd be spoilt for choice on what to try).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, but the figures on paint trays have little to nothing to do with "Adventures in Jimland", same era though different area!
      I'm surprised that your boss would contemplate letting you have a free weekend !

      Delete
  2. I was going to say more explorers is always a good thing. And then I saw the final pic!

    Ever get the idea that you have more than enough!
    Just when is the month of Sundays due?

    Erhm I mean jolly good luck old bean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint the five explorers and the lone Askari areall the explorers I need for Jim;and atm.
      As for the paint trays, see my comment to Roy above, but and the figures are more or less "uniform" so I'm happy enough to paint most of them en-masse.

      Delete
  3. Nice askari and explorers and an intimidating paint tray, I'd be frozen into inaction with that many on my tray!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I think the above quota fills the requirements for Jimland (until I glimspe the next batch of shinies).
      When I painted any of my uniformed armies in the past I tended to paint all of one arm of the army at once, so it's no new thing to me.

      Delete
  4. Very ambitious, Zab. You've got enuff adventures to keep the giant gator full for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thansk Jay but you overestimate my enthusiasm, have a look at some of the answers above!

      Delete
  5. More awesome painting miniatures sir!
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. More "Jimland" goodness, Joe - this is easily one of my fave painting projects which I follow. Lots to come too for this excellent website too by the looks of things :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, I have little more planned for Jimland other than animals )still looking for a sutiable cheap elephant!).
      I'm also resurrecting yet another 15 year old project too as can be seen by the overflowing trays of fguyres!

      Delete
  7. Nice job on the explorers. Looks like 2018 will be keeping you busy looking at those WIP trays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, like all of us I'll always have something to paint.

      Delete
  8. Lovely explorers, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to look at "Adventures in Jimland"; your posts are enthusing me in all the right ways (or maybe wrong ways, given my already over-extended portfolio of projects?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be doing something right then C6, to get enthusiasm going in others. With a lot of the figures you already have you're probably niost of the way there to having a game in Jimland yourself and if you can't find the free rules on-line, drop me an email and I'll point you in the right direction!

      Delete
  10. Looking at that lot, you really HAVE been a busy boy Joe!
    The mojo seems to be on the mend now (either that, or you've found a stash of "round tuits") which is great to see :-)
    Power to your elbow sir, and like everone else, I'll be looking forward to your upcoming posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WA, I'd say that the Battlegrounds show was a great shot in the arm for my enthusiasm and nostalgia of old projects, that has seen me resurrect them. I'm also at the point where I don't really have to add anything to Jimland either, so another project was due I guess.

      Delete