Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 24 April 2017

Lounging about

'L' shape settees (sofas/loungers?) and coffee tables.
Once more, over the last week, other than carrying on with the seemingly never-ending task of trying to get my games room up to a usable state (nearly there) and putting my pirate rule ideas in type, I've done little to nothing ! I have however received some more 'furniture' items from China, which I present to you this week (the last of them arriving just before I started this post!).
Where appropriate I've shown vies of the items themselves, their reverse view and the underneath.

Single beds that match the style of the 'double' ones.
Bed-side drawers






 

Bathroom accessories
 Maybe I'm a bit weird but the three items of bathroom furniture were the ones I was most excited about.
Whilst I have made lots of toilets and the odd sink or bath as the need arised having them all identical is a big plus when it comes to those  places  that would have such uniformity. I'm thinking here of hotels, public buildings and the like - I doubt very much that no two of my scratch-built toilets are anywhere near the same!


TV units with great detail.
Wardrobes (!*? - wtf?!
 The TV unit shown above is a super little model and the centre section could easily be cut from the unit to give a little more variety.
The last photograph shows what arrived instead of the wardrobes I ordered! I knew it was all going far too swimmingly! 
Just in case you can't make out what they are, they're wired street lamps with working lights - great for railway modellers, but having no place in a wargame imho.



Other than the above mentioned hiccup with the wardrobes (which will be rectified soon) I'm more than happy with my purchases. The delivery times are advertised at anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks, but I doubt I waited more than a fortnight for anything I've ordered. It also pays to shop around as the prices vary wildly, a firm in Germany advertised the three bathroom items at about £4 whilst my 10 sets of three cost under £8  - quite a saving.  As mentioned in a reply to dGG in last week's comments I searched Ebay using "1/50 doll house furniture" and got great results.

That's it for this week, as I can't see any great progress over the next week, I probably post about another (different) pirate ship toy that I purchased recently, but more on that next time.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I hope something here has caught your interest.
As always your comments are both welcomed and truly appreciated.

18 comments:

  1. "Morning, Zab. Nice furniture and bathroom utilities. The toilet and sink picture took my old mind back to the Duke Nukem PC game, where I had fun blasting sinks and toilets with a shotgun just to watch the water gush and gurgle big-time. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I remeber the Duke Neukemgames too, but the bathroom stuff didn't have that effect on me!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, but maybe a bit too modern for your needs methinks

      Delete
  3. done very well there Joe! I'm going to search eBay myself I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colin, I have quite a stockpile now, but I also have a shedload of buildings to furnish and hopefully these will save me a lot of time.

      Delete
  4. They look good. Look forward to seeing them in place soon to get a better idea of scale as the toilets seem small. But perhaps it is hte base on the model through my perception off a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be furnishing a few buildings in the near future; they do seem a litttle small but as far as I can work out they are archeatural models,.

      Delete
  5. Nice finds and good-looking pieces Joe, good to see your creative mojo ticking along, whilst the gaming room gets tidied up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, I do need to get on course though, even if still doing a few bits here and there.

      Delete
  6. These bits and pieces that you keep finding really are wonderful Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Michael, I do think they'll add a lot to my interiors.

      Delete
  7. Yet more internal furniture to make it hard to move figures about. JK.

    I know you will do a grand job with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, though I'm always aware not to clutter interior areas too much and allow for figure space.
      I do think they'll give a great interior effect and a lot better than I can scratch-build.

      Delete
  8. Looking good Joe, having just blown my budget at Salute, these may have to wait till my wallet recovers but I've got the site/page on standby waiting. As to the scale issue that Simon mentioned, a lot of the mdf buildings are small anyway so I can't see it being a problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sGG, I'm not surprised by anyone's buying habits at "Salute", it's too great a temptation.
      I'm not that bothered about any apparent size differentials; these models are a fairly accurate 1/50 whilst a 28mm figure's supposed scale of 1/56 is fantasy.

      Delete
  9. More useful interior kit, looking forward to your new toy ship.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, though I wouldn't get too excited about the ship .

      Delete