Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 18 July 2016

Cops

The full complement.
Having sorted out my paint-able and rescued the almost-but-not-quite-finished cops that had been sat there for over a year I drummed up sufficient enthusiasm to re-glue the one that had come off his base and retouch all the minor scrapes that they'd endured with their fall from grace (and my paint-table).
It's only been a year and a half since I started these and they're the only 28mm figures I've painted in that time too!
Little and large

In the picture above it's not apparent just how big the foremost figure is, the photograph on the left shows the true difference.
he figures come from both Old Glory and Copplestone Castings and other than these two, they're very similar in size, though one set (I can't remember which now, but I suspect it's Copplestone's) is overall slightly larger than the other.
I've grouped the following photographs, by what the remainder re armed with, irrespective of their manufacturer
I've given them dark blue uniforms with gold buttons and badges and haven't a clue how accurate this is, but I like it.


Primarily armed with truncheons (nightsticks, Billy-clubs etc.)


Thompson and shotgun

Pistol armed
Just in case you're wondering "What about doing zombie games in the 1920s?", well it has already been done! You can read the exploits of Agent Hamilton Square (iirc) and others on Irqan's Plastic Soldier blog here, but you may have to back-track some three or so years! 

I also started sorting out my some of my 54mm figures that were in the great paint-table debacle the result of which can be found on my other blog here.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and as usual your comments are both appreciated and welcomed.

22 comments:

  1. Just because 1920's zombies has been done by another do NOT let that stop you. If you want to do it just do it. If you do not, then don't.

    Overall I do like the figures very much and I agree the blue and gold works very well on them so well that should I ever get to paint some 1920's US police that is the colour scheme I will choose. Top stuff mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, the point I was rying to make (obviouly bdly) was that it's a feasible concept for a 1920s zombie game. The cops are for my five year old gangster project of course.

      Delete
  2. Love the blue & gold paint scheme, Joe. Its the one I went for on my "Pulp Figures" Coppers. As Clint says, go for the Roaring Twenties with Zeds - it sounds a blast!! Certainly the reason I post my BatReps is to encourage people to game the same era/genre not to discourage them from doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, the colourscheme may not be right but it looks right!
      I doubt I'll be going for a 1920s zombie themed game.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks HW, now just to finish the 150 others !

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks AL,Idolike painting uniforms on figures

      Delete
  5. A nice Thin Blue Line there :)

    The Copplestone figures are definitely taller than the Blue Moon - Dixon and Pulp Figures cops are a better match for Blue Moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin; I found it strange that I hadn't noticed this before, nor have I noticed it in any of Copplestone's other figures in their Gangster range.

      Delete
  6. Great to see these chaps on the beat Joe, the streets will be a safer place for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, if only they had some citizens to 'protect and serve' eh?

      Delete
  7. They would be great for "prohibition" era type games too Joe not just zeds! Great stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm, that was the intention dGG - I have a large amount of 1920s figures (150+) to paint up and a set of rules that will work. It was my delving into the 1920s that led to my zombie gaming, but I won't be mixing the two.

      Delete
  8. A fine selection despite the occasional size discrepancy. :)

    Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PC, yes, I now have my own 1920s version of Hightower.

      Delete
  9. As much as I agree with the others on the blue and gold combination, I like the grey basing best. I promise I'm not being awkward! :))

    I'd like to see a policeman figure armed with a leather sap. Probably one won't ever be made, as such a weapon would be very small to distinguish in the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, the smaller of the two standing cops is holding a very small truncheon (ooh err missus) behind his back that could easily be interpreted as a sap.

      Delete
  10. A Great selection of officers for upholding the Law. Those gangsters won't know what hit them! Thats until the gangsters get back up with groans of braiiiiiins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, I can't help hinking that they'll be outgunned by the bad guys wihout the help of some G-men.

      Delete
  11. I think you're right about the smaller guys being Old Glory. I'm going to have to get some of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the whole of the Og's1920's Americana range

      Delete