As I'd measure and re-measured (I always do) the dimensions for the internal floors for the three buildings, I was pretty confident that when I cut the paper pieces out for the floors, they would fit with ease and would require no more than a trim.
It seems however that printers have 'settings' which if not attended to, makes them feel unloved and so they f*ck you over by printing within their pre-set margins rather than to their maximum and can also reduce the size "to fit".
|Double Aargghh !|
Rather than bodge the job, which would have been very unsatisfactory I've put this particular job on hold until I can get a re-print of the flooring.
|Boring corner pieces|
|Attaching the corner supports, using my widget.|
I also made a widget out of another scrap of card, this time with a fairly accurate ninety degrees cut into it. This would be used to get all the heights of the four corner bits the same.
The widget had to be cut slightly different for each of the three buildings as they varied slightly, not in height, but in what internal details I had included (or not as in the case of the third building).
Prior to cutting the actual foam-board I made some rough and ready templates from cereal boxes, which allowing for mistakes was far cheaper than doing the same with foam-board.
It wasn't just a matter of measuring and cutting out four rectangles as I've mentioned previously the three building in my street were anything but 'rectangles'.
The third building's roof had the extra problem I mentioned previously, when I'd designed (read slapped together) this I omitted to include the roof parapet pattern on all four internal walls - You can probably imagine my displeasure on realising this and such words as "Oh bother" and "Deary me" were obviously bandied about.
The slight gap you can see between the corner support and the roof parapet would be covered by the thickness of the foam-board used for the roof - just in case you were wondering.
|Rear view of the roofs in place.|
The roof will also need to have some roof furniture added, if for nothing else other than to have something to hold on to take the roofs off !
There's still quite a lot of work to be done on this model, the rear staircase (another tail of yet another disaster), the rear roller-door to the first building (on the right in the above photograph) and of course all the internal detailing (aarghh) and as I've already got some of the internal detailing "ready to go" this is what I'll be posting next week.
So, until next week, that's it and if you're reading this I hope you've found something of interest. this week,
If you wish to find out what I've been up to on my Gladiator blog you can find out HERE.