Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 6 April 2015

Another Slow Week

Yes, it's been another slow week wherein I got little to nothing done on the Zombie front.The game I had planned has been put back to this week, one of the problems with having an occasional, rather than regular opponent that works shifts (I did at one time think I'd have a regular opponent but alas that never came to pass). Still, even the occasional game is better than no game at all and in my view far superior to playing solo.I'd have a regular opponent but alas that never came to pass).

The post office big-rig is one of three recent finds by my daughter and whilst it may be a tad under-scale it is nevertheless a very useful vehicle.
The Post Office logs have to go of course, and it'll need a bit of a re-paint too - maybe in "Blue Sun" colours ?   It did come with the tyres from the fron of the cab missing but as the rear cab axle had double tyres on its wheels, a quick swap around made it into a usable state. 
Another one of my daughter's finds was this very nice van, don't ask me what make it is, I'm not that bothered. It's another very usable vehicle, an possible a little under-scaled too, but nevertheless it's another vehicle that will be adding to the traffic mayhem on the roads of Perdition,
 As in the Post office vehicle above , none of the doors open and it is a left-hand drive - not that anyone is going to notice. The PO vehicle would be left- hand drive too, of course but with it's blacked out windows it's not apparent.
I really do like the signage on this van too.
Another view showing just how small this is.
The final vehicle from my daughter was this splendid camper van and is the pick of the bunch too.
I'm sure I've seen this in various stores (Wilkinsons possibly) for about £4, so it's not bad value.
Once more the doord don't openm on it, but the large windows do show a fairly detailed interior, which  the lackadaisical cameraman has once more failed to capture.


  The scale is probably around 1/43 - 1/55, which fits in perfectly for the larger 28mm figures currently in vogue, which I think can be seen from the photographs.
I liked this vehicle so much that I quickly decided to 'write it into' a scenario I had already planned.






"and it's goodbye from me"


 And that's it from me for another week exept to welcome my latest follower  Gordon Richards
, whose blog "I have Wrought My Simple Plan"  you can find here.

28 comments:

  1. Some pretty sweet vehicles Joe. That middle van is a Morris Minor, I think, my uncle had one back in the day. Would be great to see your campervan scenario. They all look a little too clean for the zombie apocalypse, I should think a dirty wash would sort that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, I did think the van was a Morris too (I also had one back when)
      All ymy vehciles, except conversions, need a weathering and maybe one day they'll get it.
      The scenario depends on the outcome on the next one !

      Delete
  2. Some very nice vehicles for you to distress, Joe. They'll look splendid on the table as derelicts if not objectives :-) Its a pity you're not down South as I'd happily give you a regular game and if you could stomach my kooky team-ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxx, all my vehicles need to look less then brand new, but it's not on the top of my priority list atm.
      I'm pleased to have a game with anyone anytime, even southerners !

      Delete
  3. The camper van is ace. I may have to get one for my caravan park!
    Regular opponents can be a great thing but they also have draw backs. So Fret not and be happy. Nothing in this world is so perfect that we cannot wish for better. (Or live with worse.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caravan park is something I think a lot of us are aspiring towards, I'm sloly getting there too.
      I get what you're saying about regular opponents too, but I'd take most anyone atm.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the welcome and the plug!

    Good finds...especially the Camper Van! Look forward to seeing what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Np Gordon, you may get a few more 'hits' (I know some people put some importance on things like that, so I'm always willing to help )
      Yep, the camper van is definetly the pick of the bunch, but like all the other vehicles I've collected ut'll have to wait for any "improvements" to its garish colours.

      Delete
  5. Nice vehicles. I think I need to find a decent camper van. With my pleasing results with truck. I quite fancy some sort of camper or caravan having seen yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, this is the second one I've seen, so there are some out there, and it would make a good static scenic piece too, like your 'truck camp'

      Delete
  6. Some nice trucks your daughter found for you!
    The camper is very nice, but I really like the character of the little Morris! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, it did take a while to train her to get the right size vehicles !
      The Morris is rather nostaligic

      Delete
  7. Great vehicles!
    Some times it can be hard to get a game going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HW, getting any sort of game in atm is difficult for me (zombie or otherwise)

      Delete
  8. What an excellent trio of vehicles! i wouldn't be at all bothered by the scale; they look pretty good to me. And what have you got against the Royal Mail livery on the truck :-) ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C6, ('m not that bothered with the scale of these, they're close enough for me. Having a PO truck seems a little hard to justify in th US. If mr game was set in britain, I'd have no problems with it.

      Delete
  9. really like the truck and the camper. I would play the truck as is and forget about the royal mail - it looks good but not my truck:) The camper is excellent and if i could I would buy a few of them for zombie games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think leaving the PO truck as it is will eventually bug me, but it'll be a while before I get around to doing anything with it. The Camper van is god to go and was a great find.

      Delete
  10. Great adds. You seem to have a great collection of vehicles now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Shuby, my vehicle collection is getting very large now and I wouldn't care to guess how many vehicles I have, but certainly enough for a traficjam or downtown gridlock !

      Delete
  11. Nice vehicles! And I agree, an irregular opponent is a lot better than none at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mattyoo, vehicles still coming in, in a regular trickle.
      I've always found the greatest fun in wargamng has been the social element, and I'm a bit lost without it tbh.

      Delete
  12. Really nice addition to your vehicle collection Joe.I like the London Herb the most.I think the most good looking vehicles ever were built in the era of 1930-1950.I am self planning to build my own vehicles and this gives me a lot of fun.Hmm wonder how much time I can put into this as a married man!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, I didn't like the 50's vehicles, in the UK they were small, cramp and underpowered, but I guess they do have a nice nostalgic appeal now.
      I've been married for longer than I care to remember, but I have a wonderful wife that understands I Haven't grown up ! I'm sure you'll be fine.

      Delete
  13. Your daughter is a good vehicle scout! I love the camper. Will it be possible to recreate the interior as separate "set" I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks david, yes she is getting her eye in, finding the right scale of vehicle (ar last). The vehicle probably does come apart and it would be fairly simple to have a separate interiror "set".

      Delete
  14. Nice finds on the vehicles and it's always nice to see Bob. I have the same camper.

    When will we be seeing a return to the Alamo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BC. As to returning to "the Alamo", I have no immediate plans to do so, for a great many varied reasons.

      Delete